Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

For once, I got a good Burbank deal! One card Glaus mailweek

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thumpersports

Aug 9, 2008
Calgary
Ive only seen this card three times in the last 10 years. Its been on the Burbank website for months but I wasnt preparred to pay what they were asking. ( $85 ) A couple months ago, one popped up on Ebay for auction, I thought why not just snipe $85 and hope for alot less. Well I didnt get it but still didnt grab the one from Burbank. Well another one popped up a few weeks back and again, I snipped a bid of $85 with the full intension of just buying the card from Burbank if I didnt win this one. Well the one on Ebay sold for $112.50, so I grabbed mine for $85 and was very happy! :D

Just arrived today and brings me to 330/340 (97%) for 2001 cards.

2001-212.jpg

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
I absolutely LOATHE Burbank. They have a ton of stuff I want but ask for 2x or higher what they can be had for otherwise...in most cases at least.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Thumpersports said:
schillingfan said:
Congrats! I can't believe his cards command prices like that.

They usually dont, which is why I waited so long to buy it. Must be a popular set for collectors!

Definitely! I finally broke down and paid $85 for my Fabric 2 /25 (NO auto) Cirillo jersey card from them and was happy I did! Great pick up!

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Sweet card! Every now and then you just have to give in to Burbank. I recently did so on a card I've wanted for 15 years. I bet any buyers remorse you might have had disappeared as soon as that baby showed up. I know mine did. I think most die hard player collectors would agree that if given the choice of overpaying for a card or never getting it they would overpay.

Congrats!

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Well, I purchased 3 cards($185) from burbank last week. After 7 days I got an email stating they were out of stock and must have sold them on the other website. Keep in mind I bought them less than an hour after they were listed! I will NEVER attempt to buy anything from them again. 2 Attempts, 2 out of stock emails. You know it wouldn't have bothered me as bad if the didn't take 7 days to tell me they didn't have the cards! So they refund my money and send a cancel transaction request. Which I declined. Acceptance means I can't leave feedback. :twisted:

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
I finally broke down and bought a card from them. They slashed a few prices, and I felt it was still a bit high, but an acceptable price on a card seldom seen. $139 for a 02 Henderson Donruss Originals Embossed 1982. It was listed for years at $189 which is was out of my range. According to Beckett, there is only 6 of them, so I was comfartable with the buy.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
congrats on landing it after 2 failed attempts Spencer. it's strange that no one else hit the BIN if they were going so much higher at auction.

good luck tracking down the final 10 cards from 2001.

Members online

Latest posts