Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Topps Opening Day is awesome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Besides the fact it's $30/box, two of the insert sets look like they came straight out of 1997

Stadium Lights, which are 4/box. They have the raised embossed player silhouettes. Looks like a 1997 Ultra insert

Opening Day Stars (3/box), which will probably be my favorite insert set of the year. Two words...3D...lenticular.

Worth checking out if you like cool, fun cards

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
photo-17.jpg

photo-16.jpg

It's hard to get good pics with my IPhone. These suck.

I like the Hamilton so much I put it in a $3.50 screwdown...which makes it now worth about $5

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
chashawk said:
do these look different in person?

$(KGrHqF,!jUE1I0)mELzBNeFWKJmkg~~_12.jpg

Yeah...you can kind of see them embossing in my pic. The player silhouette is glossy, which kind of makes it pop

mannyramirezcollec

Apr 11, 2009
The Stadium lights JH posted and the one posted by Chashawk look like completely different cards. One looks chrome/gloss the other doesnt, dont think the scan-pic thing wold make that much of a difference.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
A_Pharis said:
The stadium lights inserts glow in the dark. Hence the night photography. I bought one blaster and hit 3 blue #'d parallels and 2 mascots.

You're right. Went in the bathroom and they do glow in the dark. Kinda cool. I also whacked my shin on the toilet.

I hit the BIN on a Stars set for $12

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
JoshHamilton said:
Besides the fact it's $30/box, two of the insert sets look like they came straight out of 1997

Stadium Lights, which are 4/box. They have the raised embossed player silhouettes. Looks like a 1997 Ultra insert

Opening Day Stars (3/box), which will probably be my favorite insert set of the year. Two words...3D...lenticular.

I must have that set!

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
UPDATE: This Kellogg's 3D, Sportflics, 7-11 Disc junkie just bought the set on eBay from TNT Sportscards. Cannot wait to get it. If it is lenticular or dufex, I am always interested. :lol:

James52411 said:
JoshHamilton said:

I must have that set!

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
JoshHamilton said:
photo-17.jpg

photo-16.jpg

It's hard to get good pics with my IPhone. These suck.

I like the Hamilton so much I put it in a $3.50 screwdown...which makes it now worth about $5

Why do you have trouble taking pics with your iPhone? Mine takes awesome pics.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Did you put a white cover on the iPhone? That is known to create picture quality problems. If you've noticed, the iPad doesn't come in white.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts