Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bryce Harper Sent to Minors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
As expected. Buy your tickets if you live nearby.

Nationals send Harper to Class A

VIERA, Fla. (AP) - The Washington Nationals have optioned top prospect Bryce Harper to Class A Hagerstown, saying the top overall pick in last year's draft needs to get more playing time to prepare for the season.

The 18-year-old Harper, who hit .389 in 13 spring games, was disappointed but determined to make it back to the big leagues as soon as possible.

Harper was a catcher for most of his high school and college career, but the Nationals drafted him as an outfielder, and used him exclusively as a right fielder in spring training.

Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo announced the move on Saturday.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Good showing by Harper. To hit .389 as a teenager in big league camp is quite impressive.

A_Pharis

sethyarkony said:
StrasburgMania said:
noaskiecards said:
What is the ceiling on the Harper aflac in year 2011?
if he dominates A and AA i think the maximum on his Aflac this year is 1.6-2k and BGS 9.5 2.5K-3K

What knowledge leads you to predict these numbers?

I think StrasburgMania is a young kid who is trying to get into prospecting. So far his technique has been to throw out random predictions (I think he made a thread with a pretty outrageous one recently). I dunno' if he thinks this is how you get into prospecting, but he's pretty much an "Ignore me" type of poster.

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
StrasburgMania said:
noaskiecards said:
if he dominates A and AA i think the maximum on his Aflac this year is 1.6-2k and BGS 9.5 2.5K-3K
i believe this because he did well in ST which drove his Aflac up a lot and the players in A and AA are not as good as what he faced but if he proves everyones predictions right i see a 300-600 because they went up about 600 from the start of ST and if he proves the skeptics wrong then... my prediction (OPINION)

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
StrasburgMania said:
noaskiecards said:

Doubt it, the 2011 Bowman Auto will suck those away chasing the Aflac.

JTfor3

Mar 5, 2009
autorook said:
Not too surprising he was sent to the minors wirfh the way he performed in ST.

Do you even pay attention before you post? ::facepalm:: Forget doing any research, it's in the first post in this thread! He hit .389 in ST...last I checked that's pretty freaking good for anyone, let alone an 18 year old playing against major leaguers. They sent him down, like expected, as they're trying not to rush their golden goose...has nothing to do with how he performed in ST.

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
JTfor3 said:
autorook said:
Not too surprising he was sent to the minors wirfh the way he performed in ST.

Do you even pay attention before you post? ::facepalm:: Forget doing any research, it's in the first post in this thread! He hit .389 in ST...last I checked that's pretty freaking good for anyone, let alone an 18 year old playing against major leaguers. They sent him down, like expected, as they're trying not to rush their golden goose...has nothing to do with how he performed in ST.
oh,wow when i read that i thought he was joking .389 is unbelievable!

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
mwashuc06 said:
StrasburgMania said:
noaskiecards said:

wrong

it will take more than that to do any damage to the value of his aflac

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
mwashuc06 said:
StrasburgMania said:
noaskiecards said:

wrong

it will take more than that to do any damage to the value of his aflac

Wrong, having more autographs and having Harper appear in a Nationals uniform WILL hurt the Aflacs. However, the negative impact may never be felt(seen) if his performance is above expectations.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts