Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How many of you won real prizes in the Diamond Dig?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I was just reading up on how every field has at least 1 real prize, and I won mine today... It was only a pack of 88 Topps, so nothing special, but that will probably be my only real prize...

So what did you guys get in the Dig? I am sitting on 5 rings right now. I would really like to work through the complete set, and maybe get the whole 60. I doubt I will though.

jrb

Mar 1, 2011
San Mateo, CA
Dug up a pack of 88 Topps? Too bad you can't re-bury it. I think you'd rather have the rings - at least you can accumulate them for prizes. I dug up an anniversary set for my instant win prize. I believe this is the same set you get as if you have 45 rings.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
lol, do they charge to ship it you? I know of a few places online that give away better prizes than that :X

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
AKA Coastal said:
lol, do they charge to ship it you? I know of a few places online that give away better prizes than that :X

Probably.

I am not saying mine was the BEST, but I know there are some really good prizes and I wanted to see everyone's

mjsch

Feb 16, 2011
Kansas
TBTwinsFan said:
AKA Coastal said:

Probably.

I am not saying mine was the BEST, but I know there are some really good prizes and I wanted to see everyone's

I bought one of those 4 packs with the bonus dig card from Target, and three of the four packs had a dig card in them (I beat the odds!!!). My luck didn't stop there, on my bonus dig (after 5 rings) I dug up a 2011 complete set. But if Topps charges me to ship that heavy SOB come August 15, maybe I'm not so lucky...

A_Pharis

RepublicaninMass said:
pack of 88 topps whoop_di_do, someone on Cu boards hit another commemorative set as well as the one with 45 rings

According to the Topps rep, it's not a special set in any way. The full sets you win via the dig/45 rings are just a full base set (series 1 & 2).

Good luck to the OP on all 60 since you need the Mantle to get them all... and Mantle is super rare.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
A_Pharis said:
RepublicaninMass said:
pack of 88 topps whoop_di_do, someone on Cu boards hit another commemorative set as well as the one with 45 rings

According to the Topps rep, it's not a special set in any way. The full sets you win via the dig/45 rings are just a full base set (series 1 & 2).

Good luck to the OP on all 60 since you need the Mantle to get them all... and Mantle is super rare.
That sucks.I was kind of hoping for something to set them apart from the normal sets.Even if it just the 60th ann. logo on them.
Mike

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
A_Pharis said:
RepublicaninMass said:

After I read all the hype on the Mantle ring, I decided NOT to go for the entire 60, unless I actually hit it in my field (which I doubt will happen). I will probably work up through the prize before 45 and be done with the rings.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
A_Pharis said:
ffgameman said:
One of my digs yielded a 60th Anniversary 2011 Topps set.

After I learned that each "field" only held one prize, I quit.

each field contains "at least one".

There can be more.

Ah. I had previously read "only one", or at least thought I did.

A_Pharis

ffgameman said:
A_Pharis said:
ffgameman said:
One of my digs yielded a 60th Anniversary 2011 Topps set.

After I learned that each "field" only held one prize, I quit.

each field contains "at least one".

There can be more.

Ah. I had previously read "only one", or at least thought I did.

"Every field is guaranteed to have at least one real prize

But take that with a grain of salt.

A_Pharis

I am still buying rack packs to get diamond inserts and codes. Codes are getting rare here because we have some ******* who is searching racks for them. He's bending the **** out of the card so he can fan them out to see what the middle card is. Most of the packs are strewn about and are bent nearly in half.

That said -- I still have made one full base set and around 95% of 2 more. All from retail. I am going to have all the dupes in a box at a show this summer for 5 cents each, I imagine.

Members online

Latest posts