Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any Oakland A's fans/prospectors on the board?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JTfor3

Mar 5, 2009
More specifically, I want to know your thoughts on (former Phillies) and current A's prospect Adrian Cardenas. Does he have a shot of making the team, etc? Haven't really been following him since he left the phils and am curious to hear his progress.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I have a weird feeling about Adrian. He definitely seems to be one of those guys that lands a gig, starts out on fire and just randomly cruises and no one can figure out a) why or b) how or c) what changed.

At age 26/27 or so, you'll start to hear, "While no one expected this, Adrian was once a highly regarded prospect in the Philadelphia organization before being traded to Oakland, so we shouldn't be too surprised..."

Jayson Werth-itis maybe.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
I have a weird feeling about Adrian. He definitely seems to be one of those guys that lands a gig, starts out on fire and just randomly cruises and no one can figure out a) why or b) how or c) what changed.

At age 26/27 or so, you'll start to hear, "While no one expected this, Adrian was once a highly regarded prospect in the Philadelphia organization before being traded to Oakland, so we shouldn't be too surprised..."

Jayson Werth-itis maybe.

he is still pretty young, i wouldn't be surprised to see him break camp with the a's next year as a 24 year old.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
I can see him getting passed over in favor of Jemile Weeks from an offensive perspective. Weeks has a little more power and LOT more speed on the base paths. I'm not sure how their defensive skills compare as I haven't seen Weeks in person and have not read up on his fielding statistics. I believe the two are actually very close in age.

Tom

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Tom Oates said:
I can see him getting passed over in favor of Jemile Weeks from an offensive perspective. Weeks has a little more power and LOT more speed on the base paths. I'm not sure how their defensive skills compare as I haven't seen Weeks in person and have not read up on his fielding statistics. I believe the two are actually very close in age.

Tom

From what I remember of Weeks on the field down here at Miami, he is at worst an average defender. I expect to see Weeks in the majors fairly soon

jwc9p

Aug 25, 2010
Columbia, sC
mredsox89 said:
Tom Oates said:

Tom

From what I remember of Weeks on the field down here at Miami, he is at worst an average defender. I expect to see Weeks in the majors fairly soon
Weeks is also the fastest man alive. Never seen someone move like that

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
jwc9p said:
mredsox89 said:
Tom Oates said:

Tom

Weeks is also the fastest man alive. Never seen someone move like that

I just wish there was more I could pick up of him

Members online