Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Was Going To Spend $700+ Glad I Didnt...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
My son is starting to pull himself up and had been going for my stuff. He is still too young to understand "NO!" so we had to figure out some other option.

Went to a few furniture stores, but they wanted a crapload of money for a curio. Glad we decided to drive to IKEA in Austin.

$120 later, here is what I ended up with:

1.jpg

Should have done this years ago.

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
my inlaws live by an IKEA and just bought a few of those for my father in laws model cars and they look awesome in person. Im gonna have to pick a few of these up soon. Apperently a few weeks ago they had themm for 20 bucks and it was limited to one per person wish i knew about it i would hve brought 20 pepople with me lol.

ricefan77

Jan 24, 2010
Are those glass? Are they sturdy? Like if your son leaned on one of them, could he tip it over? Can you harness them to the wall, they do look nice. Ikea has some hit or miss stuff, i bought an armoire thing there years ago and it held up real well, i also bought some smaller tables and they fell apart.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
ricefan77 said:
Are those glass? Are they sturdy? Like if your son leaned on one of them, could he tip it over? Can you harness them to the wall, they do look nice. Ikea has some hit or miss stuff, i bought an armoire thing there years ago and it held up real well, i also bought some smaller tables and they fell apart.

They are very suprisingly sturdy, glass walls and front, wood top and bottom, You can harness to the wall, but the great thing is, he hasnt even shown interest in them. I put him in front to see what he would do, and he just turned around and scooted the other direction.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
gt2590 said:
Great looking, congrats!

AT a retail fixture-type store they would have run you $400-$800...

For a single curio, one that was the size of these two combined, it was 700-800 without delivery. Nicer, yes, but for the money, these are awesome.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
Haha awesome man. I have the EXACT same ones.

HIGHLY recommended to those on the fence. All glass, very sturdy.

I think GMoney has these as well if I remember right.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Great setup!

There is an Ikea about an hour away from me, definately going to have to check it out sometime soon. I need something like that.

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Very nice, I have the same ones. They are surprisingly very sturdy & you can't beat the price.

Nacho said:
Did you have to assemble that?

Yes, but they are pretty simple. It'll help if you have someone around to help hold up the glass panels though.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Pretty nice looking. There's a huge IKEA next to the Mall of America that I keep wanting to go to, but I've never been. Would like to just go look around at all the stuff some day. I heard it's a pretty big maze though and it's not easy to find your way out of there once you get in. Could just be that location, though.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
Wow, those look great. I wish I had the space for a couple. I think most ikeas are set up the same; in which section were they on display?

FATBABY

Feb 19, 2009
Found them online but they cost $250 to ship 2 of them to my house. :( the closest Ikea is 4 hours away. This sucks. I will have to do some digging to see what I can find, although 4 hours of driving at $4 a gallon is still cheaper than $250. But still.... :(

Members online