Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Yankee Dynasty eBay sale surprise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phishmon23

Aug 7, 2008
Boston, MA
I've been working on this set for quite a while, but I haven't followed sales very closely of late. I found a seller on eBay who listed most of the set the other day and was hoping to fill in a couple of the holes in my set. Two of the big cards I needed were the DiMaggio/Mantle GU and the Jeter/Bernie GU.

I know using Beckett as a guide has been more and more unreliable lately, but for reference, BV on the DiMaggio/Mantle is $250, and BV on the Jeter/Bernie is $100. To me, the DiMaggio/Mantle is probably a pretty accurate price, but the price on the Jeter/Bernie is probably a little low.

I bid on a few of his cards and won this one (DiMaggio/Mantle):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

I was THRILLED with the price.

However, I was also going to bid on this card, but it quickly got out of hand (Jeter/Bernie):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

Has anyone seen this Jeter/Bernie sell recently...is this what I should expect to pay in the future? It's just hard to believe that the Bernie/Jeter could sell for more than double the DiMaggio/Mantle.

-Jason

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
And maybe its the 3000 hit speculation. Buy now and sell once he hits #3000... hopefully for a profit.

Phishmon23

Aug 7, 2008
Boston, MA
Sweet card! I'm missing that one. My guess would be not quite as much as the Jeter/Bernie, but I think it probably brings it at least $150.

-Jason

rebelpawn said:
Good luck on your set.
Any idea what this might bring?

jeterclemensbase.jpg

I haven't seen another in years....

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Phishmon23 said:
Sweet card! I'm missing that one. My guess would be not quite as much as the Jeter/Bernie, but I think it probably brings it at least $150.

-Jason

rebelpawn said:
Good luck on your set.

jeterclemensbase.jpg

Cool thanks. Even for that I don't think I could let it go. It's very sentimental to me.
Do you have your set scanned? Even though I'm a diehard Red Sox fan I really like the look of these cards.

Phishmon23

Aug 7, 2008
Boston, MA
Don't have it scanned it yet. I've been working on this set for years, but never got around to scanning it. I'll have to get on that.

I'm only missing 3 cards:

Jeter/Bernie
Jeter/Clemens
Girardi/Cone

rebelpawn said:
Phishmon23 said:

-Jason

rebelpawn said:
Good luck on your set.

jeterclemensbase.jpg

Cool thanks. Even for that I don't think I could let it go. It's very sentimental to me.
Do you have your set scanned? Even though I'm a diehard Red Sox fan I really like the look of these cards.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
just picked this up.

KGrHqQOKokE1z6ywDUBNfsq80ld_12.jpg

SteveO31

Oct 31, 2010
Brooklyn
I was watching some of those cards from that seller as well. I picked up the Brosius/Justice from him for $1.48 so I was happy with that.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
I believe the back of the Jeter/Bernie says the swatches are from bases used in the 2000 World Series vs. the Mets. If you're gonna pay $200 for a GU, it might as well be one used in the Subway Series.

Nice O'Neill/Bernie pickup!

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
nevermore said:
I believe the back of the Jeter/Bernie says the swatches are from bases used in the 2000 World Series vs. the Mets. If you're gonna pay $200 for a GU, it might as well be one used in the Subway Series.

i think there was a jeter piazza dual game used base from the subway series. not sure if its from the same set though.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
joey12508 said:
nevermore said:

i think there was a jeter piazza dual game used base from the subway series. not sure if its from the same set though.

sweet spot was the one who had a piazza jeter subway series base. :)

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Yep, these are from 2000 World Series Game 1, Yankee Stadium

[ebay:2wkcysw0]70295459689[/ebay:2wkcysw0] Piazza/Clemens (the incident happened in game 2)
[ebay:2wkcysw0]370295459689[/ebay:2wkcysw0] Jeter/Piazza

Members online