Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

**** Info on Mark Trumbo 2006 Bowman Red 1/1 ****

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WaxPax

Since Trumbo is having a hot spring, I thought I would just share a little info in case someone was seeking out his 2005 Bowman Red 1/1.

Back in the day I busted 3 cases of 2005 Bowman on release and pulled his 1/1 Bowman Red Border (See scan below). It was in a pack with another 1/1, literally stuck to the one in front of it (the Walters Red 1/1...yuck). As you can see in the scan at the top where it says "1st Bowman Card" the Trumbo was damaged out of the pack. I contacted Topps at the time and since it was a 1/1 they could not replace the card, so they sent a 1/1 replacement (The Garret Mock Red 1/1 Auto).

I figured I'd save someone the time searching for it since there appears to be some renewed interest in Trumbo.

TMP721.jpg
TMP1042.jpg

-Steve

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Re: **** Info on Mark Trumbo 2005 Bowman Red 1/1 ****

It's kind of odd they wouldn't replace it given that we've seen multiple copies of each Red from various years appear on ebay that were backdoored, meaning that multiples were printed.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009

Has the 2004 SP Platinum made it's way back into the market? I was the high bidder back when it first sold, then the "it never arrived from Japan" story started. I'd love to see where it ended up at this point.

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego

Cool story, just shows us collectors how Topps doesnt put all the 1/1's in the products if they could send you that 1/1 auto as a replacement

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania

sdsportsfan1214 said:
Cool story, just shows us collectors how Topps doesnt put all the 1/1's in the products if they could send you that 1/1 auto as a replacement
Makes me think the Longoria is being held in a vault at Topps headquarters in reserve for when they have to right a catastrophic screw up. Let the conspiracy continue...

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego

Card Magnet said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Makes me think the Longoria is being held in a vault at Topps headquarters in reserve for when they have to right a catastrophic screw up. Let the conspiracy continue...

Good point, I'd love to hear Topps response to why a 1/1 would be held out of packaging

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009

Might want to change the title and op to 2006. I still think it would bring in a good amount being a 1/1.

Members online