Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rosenthal: Felix to Yankees Makes Sense

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Jesus Montero
Manny Banuelos
Dellin Betances
Robinson Cano

Thats what it would take to get Felix from Seattle,

Sorry.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
Cliff Lee to the Yankees made full of sense a few months ago.
Carl Crawford as well.
One notable difference between Rosenthal and i is that i don't post stupid twits everytime i think.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
frzg said:
Jesus Montero
Manny Banuelos
Dellin Betances
Robinson Cano

Sorry.

Rosenthal said Montero, Banuelos, Betances, and Ivan Nova along with a hitter (not Cano)

Betances and Banuelos wont be big league ready for another year or two, Montero and Nova are.

Guess it depends on how bad they need pitching come midseason before the deadline.

If I was the Yanks i'd be tempted.
sebpoo said:
One notable difference between Rosenthal and i is that i don't post stupid twits everytime i think.

this was actually an article...if you can believe that

Sometimes the things he says amaze the hell out of me.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
HPC said:
frzg said:
Jesus Montero
Manny Banuelos
Dellin Betances
Robinson Cano

Sorry.

Rosenthal said Montero, Banuelos, Betances, and Ivan Nova along with a hitter (not Cano)

Betances and Banuelos wont be big league ready for another year or two, Montero and Nova are.

Guess it depends on how bad they need pitching come midseason before the deadline.

sebpoo said:

Well that would certainly derail the Montero, Betances, & Banuelos bandwagons, it would be perfect if it would happen but I doubt it will.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
HPC said:
frzg said:
Jesus Montero
Manny Banuelos
Dellin Betances
Robinson Cano

Sorry.

sebpoo said:

The Yankees wouldn't be 'tempted' by the deal, they would be all over Rosenthals deal. Seattle, however would not.

People need to understand... Felix Hernandez is 24.. TWENTY FOUR years old. The top pitching prospects in the minors are 23 years old... and Felix has already been in the league for 6 years and has won a CY Young and finished 2nd the year prior. The M's have no reason to trade for him unless a team makes an absolutely stupid offer.

Felix has 4 years left on his contract and is 24 years old and looked at as the best pitcher in baseball. If a team wants him, they will have to give up the moon to get him.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
As a prospector, I used to stay far away from Yankees pitching prospects.

They always seem to get traded.

Aside from Phil and Joba, I cant think of a top Yankees pitching prospect that didnt in recent years.

But I dont think their bandwagons would be completely derailed, but Delin would suffer worse than Manny.

Although, I think Joba will be traded this season.

Adding Felix to the Yankees rotation would obviously make it one of the top, but that would happen wherever he goes so that's really a moot point. But, It would definitely convince CC to stay, IMO

I dont believe Felix will leave Seattle, but if Seattle is to trade him, it would be in that kind of deal.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Seattle owes Felix 10 million in 11, 18.5 in 12, 19.5 in 13 and 20 in 14. Cheaper than Halladay, C.C. and Lee and he probably is just now hitting his prime. They would be stupid to look to move him before 2013 if even then. There is no way they could get equal value for him a trade. It would gut the team trading for him. The guys on MLB on XM were talking about Rosenthal's article this morning. The thinking was Zduriencik is on too much of a short leash with ownership for them to let this trade happen.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
I personally loathe the Yankees. I was so happy when they couldnt land Cliff Lee or Carl Crawford. I really hope they dont get Felix. Its about time they realize money isn't everything.

JMHO

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
frzg said:
HPC said:
frzg said:
Jesus Montero
Manny Banuelos
Dellin Betances
Robinson Cano

Sorry.

sebpoo said:

The Yankees wouldn't be 'tempted' by the deal, they would be all over Rosenthals deal. Seattle, however would not.

People need to understand... Felix Hernandez is 24.. TWENTY FOUR years old. The top pitching prospects in the minors are 23 years old... and Felix has already been in the league for 6 years and has won a CY Young and finished 2nd the year prior. The M's have no reason to trade for him unless a team makes an absolutely stupid offer.

Felix has 4 years left on his contract and is 24 years old and looked at as the best pitcher in baseball. If a team wants him, they will have to give up the moon to get him.
I dont think Seattle wants to pay this
Year Age Team Salary
2012 26 Seattle Mariners $18,500,000
2013 27 Seattle Mariners $19,500,000
2014 28 Seattle Mariners $20,000,000

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
No way the Yankees trade even two of those guys together. And no way they trade Cano.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
The indispensable Marc Carig had an interview with Yankees’ general manager Brian Cashman in yesterday’s Star-Ledger in which Cashman, as he is prone to do, actually said kind of a lot. Though he acknowledged that critics will be what they are, he specifically complained about the criticism of his off-season charity work, and he also said that a lot of the speculation that followed the Rafaely Soriano signing and what that “means” was fair, though I’m still trying to parse that for any discernible meaning. More directly though, Cashman claimed that there are pieces of the farm system that are untouchable so far as trades go, presumably referring to the Killer B’s:

3. Does much of that work the past few years give you confidence you’ll have the chips to trade for a pitcher?

I have enough chips. But if people want to demand certain bullets, those certain bullets I’m not going to shoot. … There are untouchables here.

4. You talking about your young pitchers?

You can figure them out. But there are certain guys. Like Phil Hughes. I said publicly I wouldn’t want to trade Phil Hughes. I stopped trade discussion on Hughes on (Johan) Santana because he was a rare, special guy. And he’s proven that out. He’s helped us win a World Series in the bullpen, he won 18 games last year, and we have certain guys we think are potentially even better than he is. That excites us.

This will probably leave the people who complain about “prospect hugging” shaking their heads, but it’s worth stopping for a moment to consider what “untouchable” really means. After all, there isn’t a player in baseball who a team literally wouldn’t trade away no matter what another team was offering. The word “untouchable” just means that the team isn’t inclined to include a player in a trade for a player who’s likely to get moved. Neither Manny Banuelos nor Dellin Betances will be traded for Chris Carpenter or Mark Buehrle if those players become available, but if Felix Hernandez becomes available for some reason, I’m sure Cashman wouldn’t hesitate to part with all of the B’s, and more.

But for now, much like the Big Three of Phil Hughes, Joba Chamberlain, and Ian Kennedy before them, the Yankees are clearly committed to developing their top pitching prospects into big league contributors.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
abncollectsautos said:
I personally loathe the Yankees. I was so happy when they couldnt land Cliff Lee or Carl Crawford. I really hope they dont get Felix. Its about time they realize money isn't everything.

JMHO
What does a trade have to do with money?

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
elmalo said:
I dont think Seattle wants to pay this
Year Age Team Salary
2012 26 Seattle Mariners $18,500,000
2013 27 Seattle Mariners $19,500,000
2014 28 Seattle Mariners $20,000,000

I don't think money is a problem with the Mariners owners.

Members online

Latest posts