Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Andrew Bailey Injured

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marhjan

Aug 2, 2010
It looks bad - really bad. Bailey had right elbow surgery in the offseason and when he threw the pitch he immediately clutched at his shoulder in pain. Was watching the A's/Indians game on MLB network - just picked up Brad Ziegler in my fantasy league. If he's available you might want to think about it.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
marhjan said:
It looks bad - really bad. Bailey had right elbow surgery in the offseason and when he threw the pitch he immediately clutched at his shoulder in pain. Was watching the A's/Indians game on MLB network - just picked up Brad Ziegler in my fantasy league. If he's available you might want to think about it.

What about Brian Fuentes? Not thst i like him but he have some experience.

Wes

OG
Administrator
sebpoo said:
marhjan said:

Slusser says he's next in line.

marhjan

Aug 2, 2010
sebpoo said:
marhjan said:

Good point - I completely forgot about Fuentes in my rush to pick up Ziegler. No big deal really - but Bailey's injury LOOKED serious. Of course the MRI will tell.

RyanHowardFan

Mar 24, 2009
Philly, Pa
rico08 said:
If Michael Choice makes a catch in center, Bailey doesn't get hurt.

I am assuming you are just kidding. This injury would have happened at some point during Spring Training either way. It sucks he got hurt but there would have been no way to stop it from happening. Lets just hope it isn't anything serious even though it doesn't look good

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
zbdub808 said:
how bad is it?

When the trainer came out and met on the mound, Bailey bent over and then squatted, so it seemed painful. When he walked off he didn't straighten his arm at all.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
sebpoo said:
marhjan said:

I have both guys. ;)

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Tweet from Buster Onley

Good news about Andrew Bailey: He has a forearm strain, doesn't need surgery...

Quite a few people chimed in on twitter saying after surgery it is common to have some scar tissue scars, feeling the same pain as the original injury.

Members online

Latest posts