Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone know anything about this Reggie Jackson?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dietdew

Apr 29, 2010
I have this Reggie coming in the mail. I was told it is a team issued card from 1968 but don't know anything about it.

Jackson.jpg

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
I cant find anything on a 68 set. There is a black and white A's team postcard sets from 69-74. You wouldnt happen to know if there is a card number do you?

dietdew

Apr 29, 2010
Yes, it is autographed. I won't know what is on the back until it gets here. The seller said he had it hung in his bedroom when he was a kid hence the fading on the sig.

dietdew

Apr 29, 2010
Got it in today. The autograph is more of an impression of an autograph left by a pen. I can confirm that it is JD McCarthy and not any newer than 1968 as it is postmarked.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Just for fun information. I researched JD McCarthy postcards a little while looking for Don Zimmer variations.

JD McCarthy was a photographer based in Detroit. He began making these postcards and printing them by the hundreds specifically to be purchased by ball players to use in their responses to fan mail, so they are often found autographed (my experience is unsigned ones are harder to find than signed, at least for Zim). He began in the 1950's and produced his postcards until the 1980's. Player photos would be updated when they switched teams, so multiple poses are available for many players. Some, but not all, had the stylized JDM mark you can see in photos below. The ones below are from 1957 and 1981. Still looking for unsigned Zimmer versions of Red Sox, Padres, and Mets.

57JDMPOSTCARD.jpg
57JDMPOSTCARDB.jpg

81RANGERSPC.jpg
81RANGERSPCB.jpg

dietdew

Apr 29, 2010
reggiefront.jpg
reggieback.jpg

I obscured the name and address on the back, otherwise that's what it looks like. The bottom two corners aren't very pretty and there are 4 pinholes, but I think it's pretty nice.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Your card looks to be signed on front, and faded.
With the postmark, its proof its from 1968, very rare find. :)

10X more impressive card than some extremely common '69 Topps Jackson, .....or '68 Topps Ryan Rookie to boot.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
PS. Often the player fills out the address side too. See if it looks like his writing...

These were fan request postcards ordered in bulk by the team or player, usually so they could sign them and send them in the mail.
Used ones are worth more than "new" unused ones.

Members online

Latest posts