Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this going to be a breakout year for Jake Fox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Or can we just attribute his 4 homeruns to spring training? There was a lot of hype surrounding him a few years ago, is he just starting to live up to it?

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
craiger122003 said:
Rick i hope you do well while you can
I still have my Lotzkar/Beavan stash :evil:
I only have a ref and a 2003 SP Prospects auto, so I am by no means doing the typical FCB hype then dump selling strategy. Just curious because he seemingly came out of nowhere to have a decent ST so far.

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
As an O's fan, I am wishing him to make on the team, especially I don't like Tatum who was the back-up catcher. Lousy hitter but good hands. Fox is opposite of Tatum.

Glad to hear that Fox is willing to play other positions - he will be a starter in a very few games since we have Vlad as DH, Scott / Lee at first, Scott (or Reimold) / Jones / Markakis at the outfield...

Oh yea, there's a FCB dude here who has the Fox beautiful Red Sterling.... :cool:

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Another great game today with 2 bombs, putting him up to 7. The most in ST so far. Think there will be a spike with his cards?

reljac

Apr 12, 2010
Pearland, Tx
He's having a great spring, but lots of players have done the same in the past with no impact on the regular season... Right now may actually be one of the better times to sell, consider there is at least some buzz regarding his name.

2010 from fangraphs
Last year, 7 NL players hit .400 or better in spring training. Included in that list of guys who tore it up in March were Jeremy Reed, David Eckstein, Khalil Greene, and J.J. Hardy. Reed played badly enough that he was non-tendered.

Craig Monroe finished second with 8 spring home runs, followed closely by Travis Ishikawa with seven. It’s even better when you look at the AL leaderboard – the immortal Mike Wilson out-homered all of the junior circuit competition, then forgot how to hit minor league pitching once the season started. Not too far behind Wilson are the immortal trio of Mike Jacobs, Mark Teahen, and Wilson Betemit. Yeah.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
We certainly are not going to see a Jose Bautista year if that's what your thinking. But I would say his chances of making the team are pretty good now.

The great thing is he can spell anyone of these guys a break, so he could get ample playing time: Matt Wieters, Mark Reynolds, Derrek Lee, Luke Scott, and Vlad Guerrero.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
[phil:e0ra1fjk]130497896109[/phil:e0ra1fjk] - the last one of these sold for $25 via a BIN...I'm curious to see what this one goes for...he's certainly had an impressive spring.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I've always thought Fox could by a Ty Wiggington type that hits about 20 bombs and plays multiple positions. I don't see him being a star.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Just hit his 10th homer today. I'm glad he'll be on the team. He can be a great backup 3b/1b/c if Reynolds/Lee fail and Wieters needs a break.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Gabe Gross once led the majors in ST homers. He was nicknamed Babe Gross for that month. Fox may very well become a useful super-sub type guy but I'd bet very, very heavily against a breakout.

Members online