Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Important reminder as baseball season rolls around

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Have some fun again with this game and this hobby. Enjoy it like you would when you were 11 years old. Better yet, take your 11 year old to a game. While you're there, don't look at the guys on the field for their investment potential, but for their potential to send the fans home with a smile. Have a hot dog and a cold beverage, and enjoy the game. Be a kid again. It'll make all your cards seem much more valuable.

1982RANGERSFOLDER.jpg

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
You have been thanked... I absolutely agree with you, but I have to control myself while the Red Sox and Yankees fans come to my stadium. Looks like I have about 13 more years to control (I don't have a kid yet)... :cool:

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
elmalo said:
I dont have an 11 year old.
Take a neighbor and make a fan!
DANNY

BTW I don't think I've ever stopped feeling like a kid when the season rolls around and I've been around a while.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
js0000001 said:
Zim eating chicken wings?

Right hand = hot dog with the works (in a white paper holder)

Left hand = bowl of nachos with cheese & jalapenos, carton of popcorn, baseball glove

This is Texas... next up is a rare T-Bone. Chicken wings are for New Yorkers.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Oh man, my brother just moved into an apartment ACROSS THE STREET from Coors Field. That means I now have a place to crash after games (and I can make the hour drive to home or work in the morning). That's gonna be fun but no good for my brain cells.

I'll have to bring my three-year-old to a few games to moderate my intake.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Great Post!

Took my 3 year old to his first game last year. He lasted about 4 innings before he got antsy and mad. He kept wanting to know when it was his turn to go play. LOL. Got him a ball at the concession stand and a hot dog and a coke. Seeing half that game was better than all the games I've ever been to.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
DWright5 said:
Great Post!

Took my 3 year old to his first game last year. He lasted about 4 innings before he got antsy and mad. He kept wanting to know when it was his turn to go play. LOL. Got him a ball at the concession stand and a hot dog and a coke. Seeing half that game was better than all the games I've ever been to.

My son was two when I took him to his first game last year. I wish I had had a video camera on him when he first saw the field. He shouted "Whoa!" and was so visibly excited.

He lasted about 7 innings, but that was with walking around the stadium most of the time. We'll see if he can do better this year.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I wanted to take my Dad and my two boys to a Braves spring training game, but I didn't want to spend 160 dollars
just to get in. Am I a cheap son of a bitch?

Kevin

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
schmidtfan20 said:
I wanted to take my Dad and my two boys to a Braves spring training game, but I didn't want to spend 160 dollars
just to get in. Am I a cheap son of a bitch?

Kevin
Dont blame you one bit.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
gracecollector said:
Have some fun again with this game and this hobby. Enjoy it like you would when you were 11 years old. Better yet, take your 11 year old to a game. While you're there, don't look at the guys on the field for their investment potential, but for their potential to send the fans home with a smile. Have a hot dog and a cold beverage, and enjoy the game. Be a kid again. It'll make all your cards seem much more valuable.

1982RANGERSFOLDER.jpg
He is almost Tea Baggin the kid in the front. Zimm Zimmer!

Members online

Latest posts