Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Contenders Hockey 6 Box Group Break-Scans Added Page 7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Gonna give this a shot. This group break has been approved by the Mod Staff. This break is for (1) 6 Box Case of the new 2010/2011 Panini Contenders Hockey. Case is being purchased from Blowout Cards. This break will be done live on Ustream.

15 Spots (Meaning 2 Teams per spot). The 1st team you will get will be done via draft style, and the 2nd one will be random. To determine draft order, names will be drawn from a hat, which will be done live as well. After drafting the 1st teams, the 2nd teams will be determined by drawing names out of 2 hats. One with Teams, and the other with FCB member names who have a spot in the break. Any cards that feature more than 1 player on different teams will be randomed off between the teams involved on the card. Redemptions for TBD will be held until the player represented on the card has been named. Once info is released, the unredeemed card will go to whomever has that team.

Spot Pricing: $54 for 1st spot, $52 for each additonal. I will send out payment information once this break fills, and case will be ordered when I receive the majority of the payments. Below is all the product information. Thanks for taking time to look at this. I believe this has a chance to be a fantastic break with a lot of nice cards being pulled! You can find all of the product information below.

NOTE: This product goes live April 20th. Its original release date was March 30th, but it has been pushed back.

Configuration: 6 Box Case. 24 packs per box. 5 cards per pack.

Every insert set features a signed variation! If you're an autograph hound, Contenders is the brand for you!

BOX BREAK
- Each box includes FOUR Autographs, including at least three hard-signed Rookie Tickets!
- One Leather Larceny
- One Great Outdoors
- One Against The Glass acetate card
- Plus six additional inserts, including Draft Tandems, Lottery Winners, Rookie of the Year Contenders and more!
- 165 card set including 50 Rookies
- The Golden Ticket, 14-karat solid-gold trading card

HIGHLIGHTS
- Look for Rookie Tickets, the next must-build RC subset! Collectors will clamor for Taylor Hall, Jeff Skinner, Jordan Eberleand many more members of hockey's deepest freshman class of the last five years!
- Leather Larceny captures top puck stoppers like Ryan Miller, Tim Thomasand more flashing the glove on a brilliant leather stock! (#'d/1000 auto versions are #'d/50)
- NHL Ink offers up a pair of sizzling signatures from some of hockey's hottest names!
- The Great Outdoors will warm up collections with the best photography from the NHL's signature event, the Winter Classic! (#'d /1000 auto versions are #'d /50
- Against The Glass acetate cards put you in a front row seat for the most bone-crunching action in sports!
- Lottery Winners features the most coveted prospects selected over the past five years!

A brief interview with Panini America Hockey Brand Manager Al Muir, the creative mind behind the development of 2010-11 Contenders Hockey:
- It's no secret that Contenders has a long, rich history on the football field. What about the brand that makes it so well suited for the hockey rink?
Hockey collectors tend to be pretty narrowly focused on our own stuff--most of us collect hockey and nothing else--but every nowand then, we'll run across a chase set or a brand from another sport that makes us wonder what it would be like to see something similar in hockey. I always felt that way about Contenders. I mean, it's an instantly identifiable brand--nothing else looks quite like it--and I think that will make it compelling to hockey collectors who are looking for something unique to pursue. Add that to the brand's legacy of value thanks to the Rookie Tickets subset and it was the most obvious choice from Panini's stable of brands to make the transition to hockey.

- What does the collector in you find most appealing in the history-making hockey premiere of Contenders?
Tough not to mention the Golden Tickets. It's a set loaded with the hottest rookies--Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Jeff Skinner--, the stars of today--Sidney Crosby, Steven Stamkos--and the game's greatest legends--Steve Yzerman, Mario Lemieux, Patrick Roy. They're not just 1/1s...these things have real, intrinsic value based on the 11 grams of real gold that goes into making each one. I can only imagine what a thrill it'll be for the lucky collectors who pull these. And I really dig The Great Outdoors set that captures highlights from the Winter Classic and Heritage Classic. Great design, sharp photography and an autographed parallel. I think this will be one of those insert setsthat everyone wants to build.

- Obviously, this product's calling cards will be the autographed Rookie Tickets, but what will Contenders Hockey bring to the brand that perhaps football and basketball have not?
Contenders as a brand has a lot going for it, but there's no way hockey collectors would accept a pre-fab release that was lifted directly from a previous football or basketball program. This will be recognizable as a Contenders release, but our team knew it had to *feel*like a hockey set, so we came up with some great concepts. The Great Outdoors is certainly one of them. So is Against The Glass, a chase set that really makes the most of acetate, and Leather Larceny, a set that captures stellar glove stops on a leather card stock. These are all elements that really couldn't be done for the other sports, and that's what made them so vital for a hockey version of Contenders.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Re: Panini Contenders Hockey 6 Box Group Break

1. gvsu96 - PAID
2. ljw29 - PAID
3. ljw29 - PAID
4. ljw29 - PAID
5. ljw29 - PAID
6. ljw29 - PAID
7. stu - PAID
8. doodaa24 - PAID
9. PhillyPuckNut - PAID
10. PineTar - PAID
11. Derek2011 - PAID
12. TurbosHockey - PAID
13. PhillyPuckNut - PAID
14. panicpitsfunk1 - PAID
15. TurbosHockey - PAID

Draft Order
1. PhillyPuckNut - Edmonton Oilers / Columbus Blue Jackets
2. stu - Pittsburgh Penguins / Dallas Stars
3. PhillyPuckNut - Philadelphia Flyers / Florida Panthers
4. ljw29 - Boston Bruins / Phoenix Coyotes
5. PineTar - Chicago Blackhawks / Calgary Flames
6. doodaa24 - Carolina Hurricanes / New York Islanders
7. ljw29 - Washington Capitals / Atlanta Thrashers
8. ljw29 - New York Rangers / St. Louis Blues
9. ljw29 - Detroit Red Wings / Anaheim Ducks
10. gvsu96 - Montreal Canadiens / Nashville Predators
11. ljw29 - New Jersey Devils / Vancouver Canucks
12. ljw29 - Colorado Avalanche / Buffalo Sabres
13. TurbosHockey - Toronto Maple Leafs / San Jose Sharks
14. panicpitspunk1 - Ottawa Senators / Minnesota Wild
15. TurbosHockey - Los Angeles Kings / Tampa Bay Lightning

stu

Jan 24, 2010
Re: Panini Contenders Hockey 6 Box Group Break - 9 Spots Left

You ca put me down for one.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Re: Panini Contenders Hockey 6 Box Group Break - 6 Spots Left

stu and Pine Tar, Thank you both! Got you both down for a spot.

Down to 6 spots remaining.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Re: Panini Contenders Hockey 6 Box Group Break - 6 Spots Left

PhillyPuckNut said:
Spots 9 and 13 please. :) Can't wait for this to go live!

I can't either. I am hoping the reason they pushed the release date back was so they made sure these guys would sign, and the product would not be filled with redemptions. I am super pumped for the 3 on-card autos per box!

Got you down for 2. Thanks You!

TurbosHockey

May 13, 2010
Re: Panini Contenders Hockey 6 Box Group Break - 4 Spots Left

Thanks for getting this together Zags. , put me down for 15 and 12. Can't wait.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Re: Panini Contenders Hockey 6 Box Group Break - 4 Spots Left

TurbosHockey said:
Thanks for getting this together Zags. , put me down for 15 and 12. Can't wait.

No Problem. Thank you for getting in the break!

panicpitsfunk1

Nov 16, 2010
Re: Panini Contenders Hockey 6 Box Group Break - 1 Spot Left

Please put me in for the last spot, I got payment ready, just send me the info, and let me know if I got the last spot, 14. Looking forward to my first hockey break on the FCB, Thanks!!

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Re: Panini Contenders Hockey 6 Box Group Break - Full

Guys, we are now full. Thanks again to everyone for joining.

I will sent out payment information sometime tomorrow evening.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK

Payment info has been sent out to everyone. Thanks again to everyone who joined!

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK

Pine Tar said:
So is this still on for April 20th?

Yes, as of this morning the release date is still April 20th. We are still waiting for two people to pay for their spots.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK

Just a quick update. Still waiting for two payments, but I was assured that they would both be in by Wednesday. Once payments are in, I will go ahead and order and pay for the case. We can then decide what night to have the live drawing to determine draft order. This weekend is no good for me, so either Thursday, Friday, or Next Monday would be the earliest we could do the drawing. I just wanted to give everyone an update as to where we are currently with the break. If you have any questions, please ask me. Thanks again to everyone who joined the break!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts