Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Steps to saving $$$ on Bowman Chrome cases.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

autorook

Jan 30, 2011
California
First off, special thanks to this forum and its members. I've been part of a few other forums but none of them offered as much advice/friendship as FCB!

Ok enough of the gushy stuff, so I bought a case of 2010 Bowman Chrome last month on ebay for a Buy It Now price of $500 with free shipping. I technically got the case for $362.94 and below is a small tutorial of how I managed to do it.

ebay-logo_ff740.jpg
$10 Ebay Coupon (Ocassional Ebay shoppers get these coupons time to time).

ebay-bucks.jpg

2% ($10.00) Ebay Bucks (Sign up for free on Ebay for "Ebay Bucks").

Logo565x238TransparentBkg.gif
36% ($12.06) Seller Fee (Bigcrumbs pays you the percentage based on how much the ebay seller listed the item for).

chasefreedom1.jpg
1% ($5) Credit Card Cashback (Many credit cards like Chase Freedom offer 1% cashback on any purchase).

10-2010-bowman-chrome-wrapper-redemption-pack-lot_360341080824.jpg

$100+ for 216 Bowman Chrome wrappers for redemption program.

Total Savings= $137.06

Enjoy your case breaks!

autorook

Jan 30, 2011
California
Re: Working The System: 2010 Bowman Case For $362.94

blanning71 said:
So who are you working for?

Ebay?
Big Crumbs?
Chase Freedom?

Either way, keep on pimping.

Unfortunately I don't work for any of the above affiliates but I do like to use them to the fullest.

Like Benjamin Franklin said "A penny saved is a penny earned" :mrgreen:

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008

except Ben Franklin wouldn't of touched Bowman Chrome with a 10 foot pole!

autorook

Jan 30, 2011
California

schmidtfan20 said:
except Ben Franklin wouldn't of touched Bowman Chrome with a 10 foot pole!

For me it was a toss up between 2010 BC or 2010 TC, BC won :mrgreen:

JTfor3

Mar 5, 2009

The thread title was misleading. I thought you got a case of Bowman for $362...that would REALLY be working the system.

Jurgy25

Aug 14, 2008
Northern California

Just make sure you get your packs sent out in time. Unless the redemption ending date has changed, the promotion ends 3/31/11.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008

I still wouldn't pay $362.94 for a case of 2010 BC !!

awful QC + no color

autorook

Jan 30, 2011
California

Tough crowd!

The savings isn't instant but for people who buy a couple cases here and there its worth the legwork.

As for BC, granted its not the cream of the crop but it satisfies my set building cravings.

autorook said:
Tough crowd!

The savings isn't instant but for people who buy a couple cases here and there its worth the legwork.

As for BC, granted its not the cream of the crop but it satisfies my set building cravings.

most of us stick with what we know best... dont sweat what we think its your money and you can do what you want with it!

autorook

Jan 30, 2011
California

notjomommasclint said:
autorook said:
Tough crowd!

most of us stick with what we know best... dont sweat what we think its your money and you can do what you want with it!
Appreciate it, just doing what I can to help the newcomers to the hobby :cool:

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008

autorook said:

This is a great lesson. What you've shown is just because an auction ends at X dollars doesn't mean the item is worth X dollars.

Tough to accurately price anything anymoe :)

autorook

Jan 30, 2011
California

uniquebaseballcards said:
autorook said:

This is a great lesson. What you've shown is just because an auction ends at X dollars doesn't mean the item is worth X dollars.

Tough to accurately price anything anymoe :)

If you break it down by boxes... roughly $30 for a hobby box, its $10 more than a retail blast but with a guaranteed auto.

parsetdx

Apr 15, 2009
Philly
To bring this back on topic a bit... I'm a newbie to Big Crumbs but purchase a bunch on eBay.

However, I snipe most of my purchases. My assumptions are:

1.) Big Crumbs does not work when I snipe because I have to follow their link. What if I am logged into eBay on my browser, by way of following their link, when I bid and win an item via a snipe? If that works, then I can just leave my computer logged in via the Big Crumbs link 24/7.

2.) Similar question, but for Best Offers where there is a time delay from when you take the action of making an offer to when it may be accepted.

In other words, is this only useful for straight BIN purchases or bids keyed directly into the eBay website?

Thanks!

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
I'm late to the party, but I'd like to chime in that other cashback programs such as ebates or mrrebates gives 3% of the end price back for ebay items, and in this case would have paid out $15 instead of the $12 and change from big crumbs. Just a heads up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts