Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What cards are there of Mike Piazza in a Marlins uniform?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLOUR

Jan 20, 2009
I actually stumbled across one (a beautiful one, actually) and was like "that's a first". I'm sure he has a few current ones as a retired player, but I wonder how many there were when he was on the team. Another rare example would be Reggie Jackson in an Orioles uniform and maybe Pete Rose in an Expos one.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I always thought this was a very cool card:

KGrHqZhQE1f1qUtmqBNcCVqVK2g_12.jpg

FLOUR

Jan 20, 2009
I'm also wondering what other players fit this criteria...

1. They played on a team only during one season anytime from the 70s to 90s.
2. Players that did this during the late 80s through 90s ended the season on a different team.
3. They were star players during their career.

Point 2 is the most important. If they end the season on the team, chances are they'll be on a buttload of early cards for the following year with that team even though they're playing for another team. For mid to late 90s cases, that player would also likely be required not to begin the year on the team in question, unless they get traded rather quickly. Otherwise a lot of series 2 would have that player on that team. Hence a player should play on 3 teams in one year, like Piazza's case.

timfsu2k

Jul 8, 2009
Kentucky
Piazza is featured as a Marlin on this card:

04 Leaf Certified Cuts Mike Piazza Marlins SP 414/599

Also, Reggie is shows as an Oriole on card #501 in the 1988 Score set.

SteveO31

Oct 31, 2010
Brooklyn
He's got some cards that I notice aren't listed in the Beckett search. 1998 Upper Deck #681A is one of them I didn't see on the list. And for some reason, 1998 Ultra made a bunch of his cards and COMC has 5 of them up right now.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
gracecollector said:
I have this one:

piazza04LCM.jpg

That is the first card that came to my mind... for obvious reasons. << Edit - I Stand Corrected >> One of the very few... game used card of him as a Marlin. Bat's don't count IMO since the bat could have been used with any of the teams he played for and slapped on a Marlin's card. Would be near impossible to prove a given bat was actually from a bat he used during his brief stay in Florida.

Tom

Members online