Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

David Price = ACE..... Good Read.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
pigskincardboard said:
I'll definitely read this, but Price still has a long way to go if he wants to be a reliable ace.
He faces the Red Sox and Yankees more than any other elite pitcher in baseball and turned in a Cy Young worthy season in his second full year.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Russ S. said:
pigskincardboard said:
I'll definitely read this, but Price still has a long way to go if he wants to be a reliable ace.
No he doesn't.

Clearly we have a very different definition of Ace. I'll call him an ace when he gets his walk rate under 3.00. His 2.72 ERA was lucky and when his LOB/BABIP and HR/FB rates regress, he'll end up right where he should be, a 3.50ish ERA pitcher. He's basically a top-20 pitcher, I don't know if that's an ace. If your definition is "someone that could fill the number one spot on a roster" then I guess he's an ace.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Sadly, I think the definition of "Ace" has degraded to just that: The #1 starter on a team.

I do think that Price should be considered an "Ace" though, after last year's performance.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
im one of david price's biggest fan but at this point in his career (only equal to 2 full seasons under his belt), he's more Gary than Ace.

2011 and 2012 will be very important for him and i'll def. keep tabs on his starts

def. would like to see him cracking 200k's and have a better walk to k ratio this year and next

with that said, he's def. on track to be in the elite class if he can build on his success

dave