Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Never posted here, but I'm baffled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Any idea how this got anywhere near this price?

[ebay:makgbhhu]190510307894[/ebay:makgbhhu]

there is a PSA 8 up for BIN right now for $50. why would two bidders take this so high raw?

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
My guess is that the top two bidders set high snipes thinking the hammer price wouldn't even be close to that amount. A "d'oh" moment for each of them?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
jay1065 said:
My guess is that the top two bidders set high snipes thinking the hammer price wouldn't even be close to that amount. A "d'oh" moment for each of them?
I could maybe see something like that, but only the final bidder sniped, and there were at least 4 bidders above the price of the PSA 8 BIN

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
May have to check the population report on that one. I would have assumed it was 2 snipers, but you right the bids were 3 min apart. If there arent any 9's in population, a high number SP with the heritage set out makes reason for so much action on a card.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
There are eleven PSA 9's of this card and one 10. This isn't a rare variation because there is not one. Not sure what went on with that auction.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
TBT - I WISH he had an auto in Heritage!

It is a high # single print, but unless it grades a 10, it's not worth anywhere near that price. maaaaybe as a 9, idk

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
Way too hard to tell from a scan or pic how a card will grade, can't see if there is minor creasing or surface flaws that wouldnt be visable to a quick glance.

Members online

Latest posts