Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wow, it's the 2009 Sterling Yu Darvish GU 1/1!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
His second, portrait Superfractor went for an $800 BIN I believe, so I'd expect $700-1000ish. It would go much better if it had a multi-color patch. Not sure how the situation in Japan might impact stuff like this.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
You know, I didn't even think about how the events in Japan seriously could affect this price. Good point.

Brett Keith said:
His second, portrait Superfractor went for an $800 BIN I believe, so I'd expect $700-1000ish. It would go much better if it had a multi-color patch. Not sure how the situation in Japan might impact stuff like this.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
Indications are that he will come over to the MLB for 2012, should be interesting.

I just picked up a ref/199 version of that card for $15 dlvd, can't complain. I'm interested to see what the Red goes for.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
bigpapiMA32 said:
Indications are that he will come over to the MLB for 2012, should be interesting.

I just picked up a ref/199 version of that card for $15 dlvd, can't complain. I'm interested to see what the Red goes for.

I hope he comes to MLB in 2012. I have 4 of the /199 as well as a /25. :)

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Brett Keith said:

Stole my thunder. I find it hard to believe that right now ANYONE in Japan is seriously considering dropping major coin on a card. For those of you old enough, do you remember what the first few weeks after 9/11 were like? I'd imagine Japan right now is like that times a thousand. The videos that are popping up are surreal and yet it's all happening in an area that's about the size of Montana. Not the time to expect to sell that card to a Japanese buyer for big bucks.

autorook

Jan 30, 2011
California
I think the events in Japan could have potentially harmful affect for Yu's cards. I'd be scared to hold on to that card and consider dumping it as soon as possible.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
JEA2880 said:
Brett Keith said:

Stole my thunder. I find it hard to believe that right now ANYONE in Japan is seriously considering dropping major coin on a card. For those of you old enough, do you remember what the first few weeks after 9/11 were like? I'd imagine Japan right now is like that times a thousand. The videos that are popping up are surreal and yet it's all happening in an area that's about the size of Montana. Not the time to expect to sell that card to a Japanese buyer for big bucks.

I have one of those SP Legendary Cuts 1/1's of Matsui up, and only 3 watchers and one bid. It's not even a big, expensive card, but they usually sell in the $45-60 range. So, I think the situation(s) over in Japan are definitely having a big impact on the card market. Now would be a good time to snatch a nice Japanese player card if they come up.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Sweet card. I might make an offer, though I imagine it will go for more than what I can see paying. An /25 did not get a bid starting at $99.99 recently. I think it could net $1000, but hard to say. Obviously the tragedies in Japan may play a role

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
autorook said:
I think the events in Japan could have potentially harmful affect for Yu's cards. I'd be scared to hold on to that card and consider dumping it as soon as possible.

I think that would be a poor decision. It seems like what's happening over in Japan is causing interest in cards from over there to soften quite a bit, so why would you sell now? Darvish already seemed like he was heading over here in the next couple seasons, and with the impact this could have on the Japanese leagues and economy overall, he may be more anxious to come over here and get that huge contract, and his team would probably be more likely to want that nice, fat posting fee. He comes over here and all of a sudden he's got another fan base eying his cards and maybe Japan's economy will have recovered a bit.

Members online

Latest posts