Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So...let's HYPOTHETICALLY SAY...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
someone comes on here slamming the condition of the card you have up for auction... scaring people off of it as the scan is unclear as to whether or not the condition is truly as this person says it is...

...then that person who made the slamming post was the 2nd highest bidder on the auction...

...and the first bidder hasn't paid in 10 days after the auction...

Would you think that they were intentially trying to put your auction down so that they could bid on it?

Let's also throw into the mix that the person in question has a good reputation on this board...

A_Pharis

Jeff N. said:
someone comes on here slamming the condition of the card you have up for auction... scaring people off of it as the scan is unclear as to whether or not the condition is truly as this person says it is...

...then that person who made the slamming post was the 2nd highest bidder on the auction...

Would you think that they were intentially trying to put your auction down so that they could bid on it?

Let's also throw into the mix that the person in question has a good reputation on this board...

If they're slamming the condition then they shouldn't be bidding on it, period. That's almost the definition of hypocrisy, right?

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Jeff N. said:

I would say it would be hard to reach another conclusion...

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
with only 4310 members here, I would not think what that person says is really going to affect the ending price of the auction.

How many people are on ebay?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
NPB, get your fees back. Then, either list it again BIN and just under the highest bid, or throw it up for auction again and block that bidder. Not that you would, but DO NOT give a 2nd Chance offer.

But this is bad advice if it's a time sensitive (read: "hype") auction and the sweet spot has passed.

Also, if the same types of posts are made, out dude like a MF!

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Just a hypothetical...not that anything remotely close to this has happened here...
smiley-rolleyes008.gif

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
When offering a second chance option, cant you choose the next three bidders to offer the card to? So you couldnt eat a small loss again and skip the second highest and offer to the third highest?

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I suppose the person could have legitimately voiced concerns regarding condition but then placed a bid because:

1. They eventually believed the item was as described by the seller.
2. The bidder was unsure regarding the condition, but the price was so low it was a reasonable purchase even if the condition was worse than disclosed.

I think you should PM the person and ask for an explanation. If the explanation does not hold water, then their identity should be revealed because they may be using to forums to damage sales of fellow board-members.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
James52411 said:
I suppose the person could have legitimately voiced concerns regarding condition but then placed a bid because:

1. They eventually believed the item was as described by the seller.
2. The bidder was unsure regarding the condition, but the price was so low it was a reasonable purchase even if the condition was worse than disclosed.

I think you should PM the person and ask for an explanation. If the explanation does not hold water, then their identity should be revealed because they may be using to forums to damage sales of fellow board-members.

This

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
phillyfan0417 said:
Jeff N. said:

I would say it would be hard to reach another conclusion...

It's more than "hard to reach" for me - it's the only conclusion I can reach. At the very least, it is unscrupulous behavior.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I think we should stop with the hypothetical and statements that do do contain all of the information. When this is done reader will always side with the OP.

Yes, Jeff is speaking of me and yes I was DEAD WRONG for bidding; feel free to flame away if you desire but please read first.

When I saw the card listed I thought to myself "I know the seller and the card is no good" I emailed the seller via ebay since this card should be ended. The fact is DLP "when" they included text on a card it stated "material" or "Prime". In other instances they did not do this however the checklist denoted Prime when patches were included. This set did not contain Primes. After a post on FCB the auction still ran. As the auction neared its ending time I grow more and more upset that such an outspoken member would continue to run a questionable auction.

I made my assumption since the text in the tag shown was never used on an MLB jersey, please view this link for laundry tag by year:
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_foru ... .php?t=991

In the past I have mistakenly purchased forged autos and patches and fed them to the shredder instead of passing them on to another collector. I decided since the card was running that I would put in a bid to feed the shredder again, thus I only bid $35. In hind sight I should not have bid, a HUGE mistake. I had ZERO intention of doing anything with the card other than destruction, you can choose to believe or not.

Today Jeff pms me asking why I bid and that I was wrong. I sent my apologies and offered to send him funds to make up for his perceived ending price loss, again since posted about it I should NOT have placed a bid. He responded that he did not want anything from me and that this put a sour taste in his mouth, and I agreed with him.

Here is the FCB post:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=124419

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I think that you need to post a threatening message to him publicly on these forums, informing him that you are a laywer and that you are going to use all the power of the law to get him for harming you and your business.

Hell, you've got a better case than "Dr. Price" does no?

George_Calfas, i'm kidding if you didn't realize.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
bozemanbreaker said:
All In Cards said:
with only 4310 members here, I would not think what that person says is really going to affect the ending price of the auction.

This.

When you consider that it only takes 2 people to drive an auction, then any site or publication can have an impact on an auction.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
George_Calfas said:
I think we should stop with the hypothetical and statements that do do contain all of the information. When this is done reader will always side with the OP.

Yes, Jeff is speaking of me and yes I was DEAD WRONG for bidding; feel free to flame away if you desire but please read first.

When I saw the card listed I thought to myself "I know the seller and the card is no good" I emailed the seller via ebay since this card should be ended. The fact is DLP "when" they included text on a card it stated "material" or "Prime". In other instances they did not do this however the checklist denoted Prime when patches were included. This set did not contain Primes. After a post on FCB the auction still ran. As the auction neared its ending time I grow more and more upset that such an outspoken member would continue to run a questionable auction.

I made my assumption since the text in the tag shown was never used on an MLB jersey, please view this link for laundry tag by year:
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_foru ... .php?t=991

In the past I have mistakenly purchased forged autos and patches and fed them to the shredder instead of passing them on to another collector. I decided since the card was running that I would put in a bid to feed the shredder again, thus I only bid $35. In hind sight I should not have bid, a HUGE mistake. I had ZERO intention of doing anything with the card other than destruction, you can choose to believe or not.

Today Jeff pms me asking why I bid and that I was wrong. I sent my apologies and offered to send him funds to make up for his perceived ending price loss, again since posted about it I should NOT have placed a bid. He responded that he did not want anything from me and that this put a sour taste in his mouth, and I agreed with him.

Here is the FCB post:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=124419
Post thanked.

A_Pharis

Well. There are always two sides to the story. When you see it only from Jeff's perspective it looks a little worse than it may if we had realized what it was about from the start. If GC has his reasons, I believe him and commend him for putting his name out there. GC has been nothing but a quality poster and a great all-around guy.

Now, had it been him bidding on it despite saying it was a total fake and completely denouncing it -- only to turn around and try to flip it -- then it'd be a different story.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
All In Cards said:

One needn't be a member here to read posts here.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Jeff N. said:
[quote="All In Cards":35gtmmcp]with only 4310 members here, I would not think what that person says is really going to affect the ending price of the auction.

One needn't be a member here to read posts here.[/quote:35gtmmcp]

ok, so lets say we have 20k that read the boards, that's still nothing when you think about the number that buy on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts