Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BUST BOXES OR BUY SINGLES ? WHERE ARE YOU AT

BUST WAX or BUY SINGLES

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
Last few months of busting boxes ( not as much as I used to) I noticed the odds are getting bad of getting some good stuff. I bust prospect stuff and some mid-high end stuff. The last 2 years or so I have been leaning towards buying more singles and the stuff I need. where are you at ?

Dont know if its wierd but i fell better when I know im buying a card to complete a set or collection evan if i spend as much on that one card that I would have spent on a whole box and would have recived more cards. anyone else feel the same way ?

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
ostrander111 said:
Learned lesson the hard way with wax :evil:

I FEEL you , thats why I have leaned on to being a player collector ( JAMES LONEY and IVAN DE JESUS JR :) )...and just buying the stuff I need to complete my sets..

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
i dont have the money to bust wax so i buy singles and love it. i rather get 10 hits for 30dlvd. then pay 100.00 for 2 hits worth 7.00.

i do bust about one box a year(except for this years great two tins of 05 heroes) for my birthday but thats about it.

Donutme

Aug 9, 2008
California
Is it the thrill of opening a pack or the satisfaction of winning an auction ?

I am a player collector - I enjoy a pack here or there but the return is very minimal ....

Aride18

Aug 18, 2008
I love to bust cases, sell some and keep some. Then buy the cards that I want but didn't get. Although I have been busting a little to much lately. Over 5 cases of '08 Bowman Chrome and have been buying some singles as well. Time to sell to make up some funds. I bust for the fun but I think it can be a addiction.

Remember that not all of the prospects we buy in singles are going to increase in value. You can loose just as much from buying singles as you can with wax.

shuedini

Aug 7, 2008
Indiana
I stick to singles. Just to add to my Rolen collection and the sets I build. Busting "wax" is pretty fun to do. I wish I had the funds to bust a few cases of something! :D

subpop77

Aug 24, 2008
Marshall, Texas, United States
being a player collector it works out better for me to buy/trade singles than it is to but a product and HOPE I get something of a player. But every once in a while the little kid in me from years past wants to bust some wax :D

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Singles singles singles. I haven't spent money to bust wax in a long time - like, years.

chisox3706

Aug 15, 2008
nw indiana/chicagoland
i (unfortunately or fortunately...) do both. the kid and gambler in me still wants to bust packs for the thrill, but the sensible collector in me knows it is better to just take the 100 bucks you were going to buy on wax and spend maybe...half of it...on the cards you want/need. especially since when i was younger (late 80s-early 90s) card shows and shops were prevalent and ebay wasnt even conceived, so if i couldnt find the card(s) i was looking for i would just buy a box.

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
chisox3706 said:
i (unfortunately or fortunately...) do both. the kid and gambler in me still wants to bust packs for the thrill, but the sensible collector in me knows it is better to just take the 100 bucks you were going to buy on wax and spend maybe...half of it...on the cards you want/need. especially since when i was younger (late 80s-early 90s) card shows and shops were prevalent and ebay wasnt even conceived, so if i couldnt find the card(s) i was looking for i would just buy a box.

hehehehe those way over produced days :roll: :roll: ...just think of all the money we could have saved if ebay was around those days