Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Upper Deck Closed for company function?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
I have tried to call UD everyday this week. Each time I get the same recording that they are closed for a company function and to try back on the next business day. Anyone have an idea of whats going on? I would really like to talk to someone!

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I think they are doing some team building exercises, I always have to catch the fat chicks.

orion9578

Aug 8, 2008
New Mexico
I'm pretty sure there's something going on in Las Vegas this weekend that involves the card companies. I think it's similar to the Hawaii shows they used to have but they aren't calling it that anymore. I'm not sure if UD is going but I have a buddy who's going to Vegas tonight to attend.

jflan702

Sep 25, 2008
outside of Boston
There are 2 possibilities here. One, they are having a meeting with brick and mortar dealers this week in Vegas. They may be there, but there should still be someone manning the phones. The other thing is that I read that they are moving into a new headquarters building. I am not sure of the timing, but it may be this week.

Good luck getting thru to them.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
orion9578 said:
I'm pretty sure there's something going on in Las Vegas this weekend that involves the card companies. I think it's similar to the Hawaii shows they used to have but they aren't calling it that anymore. I'm not sure if UD is going but I have a buddy who's going to Vegas tonight to attend.

This is not until the 20th-23rd. I will be there. Even if it has to do with the Summit in Vegas, there should still be someone manning the phones. It's not like the entire company will be in Vegas.

orion9578

Aug 8, 2008
New Mexico
jbrown said:
orion9578 said:

This is not until the 20th-23rd. I will be there. Even if it has to do with the Summit in Vegas, there should still be someone manning the phones. It's not like the entire company will be in Vegas.

:? I wasn't defending them. Just tossing out a possible explanation. And, are you sure it's not till the 20th-23rd? My buddy literally just called me and is on his way to Vegas from New Mexico. I'm sure he'll be pretty upset since he plans on driving to Phoenix for a show Friday night :).

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
orion9578 said:
jbrown said:
orion9578 said:

:? I wasn't defending them. Just tossing out a possible explanation. And, are you sure it's not till the 20th-23rd? My buddy literally just called me and is on his way to Vegas from New Mexico. I'm sure he'll be pretty upset since he plans on driving to Phoenix for a show Friday night :).

100% positive it is Sunday - Wednesday. It is cheaper for the companies to do it during the week instead of the weekend.
http://www.regonline.com/builder/site/Default.aspx?EventID=854111

orion9578

Aug 8, 2008
New Mexico
jbrown said:
100% positive it is Sunday - Wednesday. It is cheaper for the companies to do it during the week instead of the weekend. http://www.regonline.com/builder/site/Default.aspx?EventID=854111

Gotcha. I called him, told him what you wrote(and what I just read on the link) and he says he's positive it'll be open tomorrow. No clue..but I'm sure I'll get a call from him tomorrow either really pissed or to tell me how it was. Who knows :).

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
I spoke to the owner of a brick & mortar about a week ago in central/southern cali. They asked 3 of their local wholesalers for Authentic Hockey. All of the wholesalers said they will not be distributing the product. Something weird is going on for wholesalers to pass on one of the most popular hockey products. If anyone know any more info, please tell.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Hopefully they are fixing their piece of sh*t website. I had to use three different computers before they let me edit my account info last week, dealing with all those error messages and all.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Thank God I don't have any redemptions pending. Panini is bad enough!

I have been waiting for at least 9 months for a Rodrigue Beaubois NT Rc auto. He plays for the Dallas Mavericks. Panini's headquarters are in Dallas. How hard is it to get him to sign his cards? ::facepalm::

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
mancini79 said:
I spoke to the owner of a brick & mortar about a week ago in central/southern cali. They asked 3 of their local wholesalers for Authentic Hockey. All of the wholesalers said they will not be distributing the product. Something weird is going on for wholesalers to pass on one of the most popular hockey products. If anyone know any more info, please tell.

Maybe this helps with the distribution question: http://www.cardboardconnection.com/uppe ... ution-plan

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Upper Deck is hilarious.

Any press release from Upper Deck other than one headlined "UPPER DECK CLOSES IT'S DOORS AFTER 26 YEARS" should be thrown in the trash. Their lack of execution is comical and their "word" is the weakest in a hobby dirtbags.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
orion9578 said:
jbrown said:
100% positive it is Sunday - Wednesday. It is cheaper for the companies to do it during the week instead of the weekend. http://www.regonline.com/builder/site/Default.aspx?EventID=854111

Gotcha. I called him, told him what you wrote(and what I just read on the link) and he says he's positive it'll be open tomorrow. No clue..but I'm sure I'll get a call from him tomorrow either really pissed or to tell me how it was. Who knows :).

Just curious if you talked to your friend about the summit today?

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
shayscards79 said:
Hopefully they are fixing their piece of sh*t website. I had to use three different computers before they let me edit my account info last week, dealing with all those error messages and all.
I had this problem when I was trying to access their site using IE. As soon as I tried using Firefox it worked no problem.

subpop77

Aug 24, 2008
Marshall, Texas, United States
jflan702 said:
There are 2 possibilities here. One, they are having a meeting with brick and mortar dealers this week in Vegas. They may be there, but there should still be someone manning the phones. The other thing is that I read that they are moving into a new headquarters building. I am not sure of the timing, but it may be this week.

Good luck getting thru to them.
BINGO! :? Good luck getting through :lol:

Members online