Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

3/18 Daily thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Morning gents!

I hope your Brackets look better than mine.

But I did pick one winner last nite, or more accurately, Andrew from All-In did. I won one of AIC's free slots despite only having a 1 in 28 shot at it. Doing that let me trade for the team I really wanted in the Break. Frickin' sweet!

Also thinking about my first new project in 2 years or so. It's with one of the jumbo materials/autos #d to 5 from the new Absolute Basketball. Hopefully the price doesn't get too high.

Won't be on much during the day 'cuz tonite was the Last of three straight overnites, with about 3 hours of sleep in between. Ugh.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
Good morning.

I finally had the opportunity to try out the 3DS here at work. Super cool stuff. There's definately a sweet spot in viewing the 3d, but the experience only reinforced my desicion to buy one at the employee launch. Now to decide what launch game to buy... Madden maybe?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
One Bad Day said:
Good morning.

I finally had the opportunity to try out the 3DS here at work. Super cool stuff. There's definately a sweet spot in viewing the 3d, but the experience only reinforced my desicion to buy one at the employee launch. Now to decide what launch game to buy... Madden maybe?

Little guy's been waiting for that one. Easter Basket addition, probably. Nice to hear good in-hand reviews!

If you don't mind me asking, where do you work at that would have an employee launch? Nintendo? or one of the distributors?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
One Bad Day said:
I work for Nintendo. It's available to us only a few days before the general NA population, on the 23rd.

Very cool! I was just wondering...

I know you do the overnites too. I did some fill-ins this week and am NOT used to it. I do alot of long/overnite shifts on the weekends, but man, when I gotta watch the 3 year old all day after an overnite (or three) is killing me. I think people are supposed to get more than 4 hours of sleep a day. :lol:

Plus, it's an easy gig, even boring, but with all the down time my "BUY" trigger finger gets itchy and I'm always thinking of new stuff to try and track down.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
I totally understand. I have a good amount of downtime as well, and my bank account hates me because of it. :cry:

FYI, they suggest the 3DS for people 7+ years of age. The effects of 3d technology is unproven on the eyes of young children, and Nintendo takes a "better safe than sorry" approach to their products. Although it is possible to turn off the 3D ability of the system.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Damn. What I hoped would be my birthday present got ended early. [ebay:38vwa5xj]320670940581[/ebay:38vwa5xj]

It was listed for $1000 BIN OBO. It then got put up for auction starting at .99. It was ending Sunday and was up to $66 as of last night. Talked to the seller yesterday, wish he would have mentioned he might be ending it early :x

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
deceptikon1978 said:
Damn. What I hoped would be my birthday present got ended early. [ebay:37t5507n]320670940581[/ebay:37t5507n]

It was listed for $1000 BIN OBO. It then got put up for auction starting at .99. It was ending Sunday and was up to $66 as of last night. Talked to the seller yesterday, wish he would have mentioned he might be ending it early :x
Damn, that sucks man.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
One Bad Day said:
I totally understand. I have a good amount of downtime as well, and my bank account hates me because of it. :cry:

FYI, they suggest the 3DS for people 7+ years of age. The effects of 3d technology is unproven on the eyes of young children, and Nintendo takes a "better safe than sorry" approach to their products. Although it is possible to turn off the 3D ability of the system.

Thanks for the heads-up, but he's going to be 12. and this will be his 8th "system" if he keeps his old DS. I've had one (PS1) my whole life. :lol:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Best photo from Day 1, and that's from a big Pitino fan. Figured the Kentucky and Pitt fans would enjoy it!

s110317_05lousy-pg-horizontal.jpg

Zeeck

Mar 29, 2010
Aurora, IL
gt2590 said:
Best photo from Day 1, and that's from a big Pitino fan. Figured the Kentucky and Pitt fans would enjoy it!

I have zero hate for Louisville, but that is a great photo!!

I'm heading to a viewing party at the Cubbie Bear this afternoon hosted by a client. Nothing like having work tell me I have to go to a bar, drink beer and watch basketball.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
gt2590 said:

I don't hate Louisville, but I'm not a fan of Pitino, so I like that pic.

Zeeck said:
I have zero hate for Louisville, but that is a great photo!!

I'm heading to a viewing party at the Cubbie Bear this afternoon hosted by a client. Nothing like having work tell me I have to go to a bar, drink beer and watch basketball.
Man, that must SUCK!!!!!

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
gt2590 said:
One Bad Day said:

Thanks for the heads-up, but he's going to be 12. and this will be his 8th "system" if he keeps his old DS. I've had one (PS1) my whole life. :lol:

Gotcha. Ugh, I've lost track of how many systems I've owned. Let's see... Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Pocket, GBA, GBA SP, Gameboy Micro, DS, DSlite, DSi, NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, PS1-3. Yowza :shock:

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
One Bad Day said:
gt2590 said:
[quote="One Bad Day":2aaetwtt]I totally understand. I have a good amount of downtime as well, and my bank account hates me because of it. :cry:

Gotcha. Ugh, I've lost track of how many systems I've owned. Let's see... Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Pocket, GBA, GBA SP, Gameboy Micro, DS, DSlite, DSi, NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, PS1-3. Yowza :shock:[/quote:2aaetwtt]

jeez! Let's see...Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Playstation, Playstation 2. Bought the PS2 over 10 years ago refurbished and it still works. Only had to open it up once to clean the lens.