Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fantasy baseball Which SP to keep

Which starter to keep

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I am in a deep 10 team AL only Keeper league

They salary cap is 260. the categories are W, S, ERA K, WHIP and Innings

I am currently saving:
Felix $12
Pavano $5
Porcello $1

hitters:
Longoria $2
Cano $38
Nelson Cruz $10
Vlad $20
Pierre $23

paintingtheblack

Feb 11, 2009
Chose Bedard, seems to have the most upside. Jackson could pile up quite a few wins though, given the offense he's pitching in front of.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
I've been banking on Bedard's "upside" for three years now and he just can't stay on the field. I voted for EJ, solid starter who will always be in there.

How the hell did you manage to grab Longoria for $2?

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
JEA2880 said:
I've been banking on Bedard's "upside" for three years now and he just can't stay on the field. I voted for EJ, solid starter who will always be in there.

My thoughts exactly.

Edwin is also good for K's.

Im guessing he drafted Longoria at the prospect price (which is $2 or $3 depending on the league) a few years ago.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I drafted Longoria when he was in the minors for $1. After he is protected for 2 years the price goes up by 1/2 rounded to the nearest $1. Goes up again by half of his value two years later etc.

Last year Chris Davis went for $31 because so many top players are protected at very low rates. You might think Peirre at $23 is high, but last year Borbon went for over $30. Speed is tough to get and having Pierre automatically gets me 3 to 4 points in SB alone

JEA2880 said:

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Pretty much correct on Longoria, and thanks

I bet i could get bedard for around $10 while Jackson could get $20. niemann last year went for $24

HPC said:
JEA2880 said:

My thoughts exactly.

Edwin is also good for K's.

Im guessing he drafted Longoria at the prospect price (which is $2 or $3 depending on the league) a few years ago.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
E-Jax is a beast. He racks up Ks and while sometimes inconsistent, is capable of greatness.

By the way, Porcello is going to have a worth-more-than-one-dollar-salary year this season..good call to hold him

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Porcello is a no brainer at $1.00

There is 10 teams and 9 pitchers drafted per team. I am looknig at getting Coke. Think he will fair well? I am sure I can get for a $1-$3 range

ALL_THE_HYPE said:
E-Jax is a beast. He racks up Ks and while sometimes inconsistent, is capable of greatness.

By the way, Porcello is going to have a worth-more-than-one-dollar-salary year this season..good call to hold him

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
He was TOUGH out of the bullpen last year for Detroit and he has looked pretty solid in ST so far from what I've seen. I think he will be at least an average pitcher this year so if you can get him cheap like that, he could be a real bargain to clear some cap room for you to focus on other positions.

It's also worth noting that the Tigers have improved their team since last year so I expect their pitchers across the board to average 2-3 more victories. I think they're a 90-95 win team this year, maybe more if their pitching is better than expected, maybe less if vice versa.

Huffamaniac said:
Porcello is a no brainer at $1.00

There is 10 teams and 9 pitchers drafted per team. I am looknig at getting Coke. Think he will fair well? I am sure I can get for a $1-$3 range

ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Members online

Latest posts