Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Expecting a card from Canada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjsch

Feb 16, 2011
Kansas
Just want to know if I should be concerned about this transaction. I purchased a card on Feb 25 on eBay, and paid on the 26th. The item's location is Ottawa, Canada and I am located in Kansas. The seller left feedback for me on the 27th, but never marked the card shipped. Here it is March 19th and I am still waiting for it. I know I've heard about customs holding things up, but is this typical? I don't want to be a pest and end up on some blocked bidders list, but also I don't want to let too much time pass and have my rights go down the drain. Should I contact the seller or wait a while?

Thanks for your help! :mrgreen:

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Nothing to worry about yet, especially with the seller leaving feedback. You are covered by Paypal for 45 days or whatever it is so just watch the date and open the dispute if needed but I would give it at least three weeks before thinking twice about it

mjsch

Feb 16, 2011
Kansas
J-Rod said:
Nothing to worry about yet, especially with the seller leaving feedback. You are covered by Paypal for 45 days or whatever it is so just watch the date and open the dispute if needed but I would give it at least three weeks before thinking twice about it

Thanks! I tend to be a worry wart :lol:

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I just made a thread similar to this. It's been three weeks for me sending a package up there and the buyer hasn't received the card yet. After about four weeks I'll begin to worry some more.

paintingtheblack

Feb 11, 2009
Customs have been slow lately on packages sent standard flat rate. Registered mail cards take about 6-8 business days, give or take a few, but if sent regularly I have been waiting about 3 1/2 - 4 weeks for packages recently.

Paul

Nov 10, 2010
paintingtheblack said:
Customs have been slow lately on packages sent standard flat rate. Registered mail cards take about 6-8 business days, give or take a few, but if sent regularly I have been waiting about 3 1/2 - 4 weeks for packages recently.

+1

Cross border mail has been slow as of late... I've also been waiting 3-4 weeks for packages to arrive from the US (I'm in Toronto).

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
Paul said:
paintingtheblack said:

+1

Cross border mail has been slow as of late... I've also been waiting 3-4 weeks for packages to arrive from the US (I'm in Toronto).

+2

It was very quick to get thru at the start of the year but most of my US buyers are getting their stuff 5-10 days later than usual for the last month or so.

And don't forget it's US customs fault :D

Members online

Latest posts