Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

huge player lots just came on ebay.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
While I'm interested in seeing what's in the lots, some lots don't make a lot of sense. For instance I saw he's offering a Garvey lot of 2500+ cards, and says "there will not be more than 10% duplication of any card in lot". But Garvey apparently only has 1300 total cards released!?

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
7 day money back! it is worth the gamble to me. even if i do ship it back and loose $15. prospectors spend that on unproven rookie bums! FOR 1 CARD!

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
I am always skeptical of lots like this. No more than 10% could mean up to 250 of any given card. With a lot of that size, I would prefer the % to much lower to make me feel good about getting something I need or want. Seems lots like this are always someone breaking down huge amounts of crap sets. Good luck to those who give it a shot.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
AndruwHRJones said:
I am always skeptical of lots like this. No more than 10% could mean up to 250 of any given card. With a lot of that size, I would prefer the % to much lower to make me feel good about getting something I need or want. Seems lots like this are always someone breaking down huge amounts of crap sets. Good luck to those who give it a shot.
or a large amount of case breaks. i love these lots, it is where i find the very obscure errors and variations.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
nosterbor said:
AndruwHRJones said:
or a large amount of case breaks. i love these lots, it is where i find the very obscure errors and variations.

$100 is pretty steep to take a chance on error and variation cards, at least in my opinion. Like I said, good luck to those who take a shot. Just not my cup of tea.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
nosterbor said:
AndruwHRJones said:

+1 I do not mind 500 of 1 card but I do mind if 80% of the lot is pacific making the ryan lot all but worthless. I sent a note through and I guess we will see.

Also I am not sure about the others but the ryan lot is also somewhat expensive at 12.75 cents per card. Considering it is to be expected that 90% of the lot is 80s-90s junk, there is little resale vale. But huge lots like these are great for finding regional/oddball stuff that never come up on ebay.

Latest posts