Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beat this seller at his own game if you live in Illinois!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
I almost clicked on the BIN when I realized the shipping was $99.01. The BIN is only $0.99. Here's where you can get around his trick though....

He still has local pickup listed as FREE! Several other of his nice cards are listed the same way.

So if you live in Illinois, you might be able to rack up on some stuff...that is if you can hold him to the fact he his items are listed as local pickup for free. :)

All the items listed below are free shipping with local pick-up.
http://cgi.ebay.com/09-TRIBUTE-RED-1-1- ... a5d78#shId

http://cgi.ebay.com/09-TRIBUTE-1-99-PRI ... 642wt_1139

http://cgi.ebay.com/09-TRIBUTE-BLACK-PR ... 566wt_1139

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-JOE-MAUER-BLAN ... 546wt_1139

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Sellers like this is one of the reasons EBAY will be charging on the shipping charge starting next month. Terrible F

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Huffamaniac said:
Sellers like this is one of the reasons EBAY will be charging on the shipping charge starting next month. Terrible F

Yep, which is why I have already reported him. Plus if he is reported, maybe it will help someone else that is new to eBay keep from getting into some issues with him.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I don't know if this is still the case, but I thought at one point in time if you bought something with high shipping you could open a paypal dispute for excessive shipping and get a partial refund. Again I remember hearing this a long time ago and I am not sure if it still applies

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Dear fandruw25,

That is so eBay fees don't kill me and I can keep items cheap on here. Atlases for now till next month.

- big-boy-breaks-2011

Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

To: big-boy-breaks-2011
Subject: Other: fandruw25 sent a message about 09 TRIBUTE RED 1/1 RYAN HOWARD!!! WOW THIS IS HOT!!! #150579338616
Sent Date: Mar-19-11 19:03:33 PDT

Dear big-boy-breaks-2011,

I might have missed it but where in IL are you located? Shipping at $99 is pretty high so depending on where you are I might take you up on the free local pick-up. Thanks

- fandruw25

maryvillereb2003

Mar 29, 2010
Maryville,TN
Fandruw25 said:
Dear fandruw25,

That is so eBay fees don't kill me and I can keep items cheap on here. Atlases for now till next month.

- big-boy-breaks-2011

Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

To: big-boy-breaks-2011
Subject: Other: fandruw25 sent a message about 09 TRIBUTE RED 1/1 RYAN HOWARD!!! WOW THIS IS HOT!!! #150579338616
Sent Date: Mar-19-11 19:03:33 PDT

Dear big-boy-breaks-2011,

I might have missed it but where in IL are you located? Shipping at $99 is pretty high so depending on where you are I might take you up on the free local pick-up. Thanks

- fandruw25
:lol: ::facepalm::

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
One of the members near this clown can make a small mint by doing pick-ups for all us and charging a nominal "travel" fee!

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
tyweb1 said:
That is 10 miles away from me. Nice

I'd love to see someone like you buy it and tell him, "I'll pick it up since it is free to do so. Awesome card for only 99 cents!" I bet his expression would be priceless. :lol:

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I've never understand the fixation with being the guy that teaches a seller their lesson. If you're not into something don't buy it. You don't have to go around eBay protecting the community, you're not a super hero.

If I'm in a super market and see someone stealing a steak, I'm not going to run to the manager and report it and hope that he gives me a pat on the head because I'm totally in need of praise.

I'm going to ignore it. Dude stealing a steak doesn't raise my cost. I don't get bitter because I pay for my steaks. I don't feel the need to teach this dude a lesson. I think to myself, "Dude knows the Risk / Reward and is taking this chance." It's not my business to ensure the risk part of the situation comes true. Regardless of what they say, shoplifting doesn't cost you more money.

I'm eager to know what exactly gets accomplished by reporting people that are gaming eBay...

People seem to think that they're being the perfect eBay citizen and protecting the community and that's why they go out of their way. Maybe it's just because I'm from the hood (i'm not) but I've been taught that SNITCHES GET STITCHES.

Members online

Latest posts