Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Harper 3/5 3 HR's in minor league game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Let the Hype continue...

Utbaseball30 Scot Drucker
Bryce Harper goes 3-5 off the low A #tigers with 3 homeruns

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
He will always excel versus the lesser competition... Can he fix his hitch so the higher levels dont eat him alive.

Thats what I wanna see.

RCRX

Sep 4, 2009
mwashuc06 said:
Let the Hype continue...

Utbaseball30 Scot Drucker
Bryce Harper goes 3-5 off the low A #tigers with 3 homeruns

I didnt even know they started playing yet???

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
He will always excel versus the lesser competition... Can he fix his hitch so the higher levels dont eat him alive.

Thats what I wanna see.
What is his hitch??

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
scotty21690 said:
P_Manning 18 said:

Thats what I wanna see.
What is his hitch??

When he swings he has a little hitch that slows down his swing and he cant catch up to the pitching of higher levels.

You can see it in this video.... notice his leg? Its not fluid... when I saw a few of his AB during ST it seemed to really slow him down and he would swing 2-3 seconds late.
[youtube:31jlnqnz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBvxiNshzXw[/youtube:31jlnqnz]

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Hasn't he been playing against guys older than he is?

He may not hit three home runs every game but to assume some flaw is going to eat him up is silly at this point. Who says he doesn't have the ability to adjust?

P_Manning 18 said:

Thats what I wanna see.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Lars said:

He may not hit three home runs every game but to assume some flaw is going to eat him up is silly at this point. Who says he doesn't have the ability to adjust?

P_Manning 18 said:

Thats what I wanna see.

Thats the same as a HS basketball phenom who plays against guys 3-4 years older than him... but once they make it to the NBA they get lost.

Sebastian Telfair? Darius Miles? Tyson Chandler?

Same with Bryce Harper... he is playing against guys 3-4 years older than him.. but his skill level is still better than them.... he isnt better than the guys in MLB... so he will need to fix that little leg hitch or the real pitchers will make him look silly.

autorook

Jan 30, 2011
California
P_Manning 18 said:
scotty21690 said:
[quote="P_Manning 18":ejnl3w1x]He will always excel versus the lesser competition... Can he fix his hitch so the higher levels dont eat him alive.

Thats what I wanna see.
What is his hitch??

When he swings he has a little hitch that slows down his swing and he cant catch up to the pitching of higher levels.

You can see it in this video.... notice his leg? Its not fluid... when I saw a few of his AB during ST it seemed to really slow him down and he would swing 2-3 seconds late.
[youtube:ejnl3w1x]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBvxiNshzXw[/youtube:ejnl3w1x][/quote:ejnl3w1x]

Wow good catch, wonder if he can retrain himself from this "hitch" issue he is exhibiting.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
P_Manning 18 said:
Lars said:

P_Manning 18":2rqkw689]He will always excel versus the lesser competition... Can he fix his hitch so the higher levels dont eat him alive. Thats what I wanna see.[/quote][/quote] Thats the same as a HS basketball phenom who plays against guys 3-4 years older than him... but once they make it to the NBA they get lost. Sebastian Telfair? Darius Miles? Tyson Chandler? Same with Bryce Harper... he is playing against guys 3-4 years older than him.. but his skill level is still better than them.... he isnt better than the guys in MLB... so he will need to fix that little leg hitch or the real pitchers will make him look silly.[/quote:2rqkw689] no hitch here [url="http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=13181199 said:
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=13181199[/url]

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
P_Manning 18 said:
scotty21690 said:
[quote="P_Manning 18":2gokry97]He will always excel versus the lesser competition... Can he fix his hitch so the higher levels dont eat him alive.

Thats what I wanna see.
What is his hitch??

[youtube:2gokry97]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBvxiNshzXw[/youtube:2gokry97][/quote:2gokry97]

You realize how dumb that sounds, that he swung two seconds late? So he was swinging at the next pitch, not the one just thrown? Also, I am glad you think you are a hitting coach, and thus far in his high school, college, and pro career. He hasn't been late on much of anything.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
jeff550 said:
P_Manning 18 said:
Lars said:

P_Manning 18":1imy7vdn]He will always excel versus the lesser competition... Can he fix his hitch so the higher levels dont eat him alive. Thats what I wanna see.[/quote][/quote] Thats the same as a HS basketball phenom who plays against guys 3-4 years older than him... but once they make it to the NBA they get lost. Sebastian Telfair? Darius Miles? Tyson Chandler? Same with Bryce Harper... he is playing against guys 3-4 years older than him.. but his skill level is still better than them.... he isnt better than the guys in MLB... so he will need to fix that little leg hitch or the real pitchers will make him look silly.[/quote] no hitch here [url="http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=13181199 said:
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=13181199[/url][/quote:1imy7vdn]

Not so much...

Here is a Spring training video and you can see it.

[youtube:1imy7vdn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDEl8WJ9P3k[/youtube:1imy7vdn]

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Not to discount your observation, but the AFLAC game was only one game and in Harper's world, that was a long time ago.

He's played in countless other games that seem to say he's ready for whatever is coming to him.

He's not just some kid who made a random decision to enter professional baseball like perhaps some the NBA guys did coming out of high school.

P_Manning 18 said:
Lars said:

[quote="P_Manning 18":24gbvkrk]He will always excel versus the lesser competition... Can he fix his hitch so the higher levels dont eat him alive.

Thats what I wanna see.

Thats the same as a HS basketball phenom who plays against guys 3-4 years older than him... but once they make it to the NBA they get lost.

Same with Bryce Harper... he is playing against guys 3-4 years older than him.. but his skill level is still better than them.... he isnt better than the guys in MLB... so he will need to fix that little leg hitch or the real pitchers will make him look silly.[/quote:24gbvkrk]

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
stevezimmer22 said:
P_Manning 18 said:
scotty21690 said:
[quote="P_Manning 18":3sm8fe8u]He will always excel versus the lesser competition... Can he fix his hitch so the higher levels dont eat him alive.

Thats what I wanna see.
What is his hitch??

[youtube:3sm8fe8u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBvxiNshzXw[/youtube:3sm8fe8u]

You realize how dumb that sounds, that he swung two seconds late? So he was swinging at the next pitch, not the one just thrown? Also, I am glad you think you are a hitting coach, and thus far in his high school, college, and pro career. He hasn't been late on much of anything.[/quote:3sm8fe8u]

Never said I was a hitting coach. But if you think that his leg hitch can help him when he reaches the higher levels... maybe it will. I just want to see him face competition that meets or exceeds his skill level. If he can still do what he is doing.... great.... but I think he will struggle until he eliminates that hitch that slows him down.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
P_Manning 18 said:
Lars said:

[quote="P_Manning 18":1wi9756m]He will always excel versus the lesser competition... Can he fix his hitch so the higher levels dont eat him alive.

Thats what I wanna see.

Same with Bryce Harper... he is playing against guys 3-4 years older than him.. but his skill level is still better than them.... he isnt better than the guys in MLB... so he will need to fix that little leg hitch or the real pitchers will make him look silly.[/quote:1wi9756m]

How about LeBron James and Dwight Howard?
Basketball and Baseball are night and day. Can't compare skill levels as the way these games are played are completely different.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Are you talking about how he moves his foot? If so, that is a timing mechanism and as long as his body is working together while his arms are driving the barell through the zone then he should be ok. I personally don't like how much his head moves but he seems to make it work.

BTW, it isn't possible to be 2-3 seconds behind a pitch.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
Lars said:

[quote="P_Manning 18":29w5brlh]He will always excel versus the lesser competition... Can he fix his hitch so the higher levels dont eat him alive.

Thats what I wanna see.

Same with Bryce Harper... he is playing against guys 3-4 years older than him.. but his skill level is still better than them.... he isnt better than the guys in MLB... so he will need to fix that little leg hitch or the real pitchers will make him look silly.[/quote:29w5brlh]

You forgot to mention Garnett, Lebron and Kobe

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts