Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Local show pick-ups, contest winnings, and overdue thanks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
First, a big thanks to maryvillereb2003 for this fantastic Vlad patch! Never seen this set before either. Very cool.

2001FleerPlatinumNameplates8.jpg

And a thank you very much to darrend505 for this varied and awesome lot of contest winnings!!

1948ExhibitHallofFame15-Hornsby.jpg 1947-66Exhibits2-Adcock.jpg

2000CrownRoyaleJumbo.jpg

CollaBookmarkers.jpg

LordsofOlympus.jpg

HeritageAmericanHeroesAutreyShirt.jpg

Thanks as well to MojoDan for sending along this care package

2008DonrussThreadsDK247-250.jpg 1998FlairShowcaseWaveoftheFuture.jpg

Finally, went to a local mall show that is by my house every couple of months. For the most part, it's the
same guys with the same cards every show, but I usually find 1 or 2 things to pick up reasonably cheap.

Got all of these from the same seller:

VidroRef-559.jpg
IsringhausenRef-559.jpg
CabreraRef-559.jpg

All Refs /559

2003PristineGoldRef65-69.jpg
2005AbsoluteTOTTReverseSpectrumRed20-50.jpg
Renteria /69 - Gonzalez /50

2005DonrussChampionsImpressionsGreen1-25.jpg
Beltran /25

And got both of these 8x10s for $7 total

BattingPose8x101.jpg

BattingPose8x102.jpg

Thanks for looking! And sorry for the long post. :oops:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
chromerookies said:
Nice pickups but I love that Vlad patch!
me too! It's a very thick, very heavy card, and the patch looks very nice in hand.

George - thanks! 1st ones I've seen for sale with any type of inscription on them

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
chashawk said:
chromerookies said:
me too! It's a very thick, very heavy card, and the patch looks very nice in hand.

George - thanks! 1st ones I've seen for sale with any type of inscription on them
Very cool stuff.How much of his stuff are missing cardwise?He is your grandfather right?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
hofmichael said:
chashawk said:
chromerookies said:

Very cool stuff.How much of his stuff are missing cardwise?He is your grandfather right?
He is, yep. Only missing a few oddball/regional issues. Less than 20% of the Beckett checklist.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
chashawk said:
hofmichael said:
chashawk said:
chromerookies said:

He is, yep. Only missing a few oddball/regional issues. Less than 20% of the Beckett checklist.
Feel free to shoot me a list.I have a guy who specializes in regional and odd ball issues from that era.
Mike

Latest posts