Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Paying with credit/debit on eBay...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
I was browsing eBay last night and came across a decent amount of sellers who accept Paypal or Visa/Mastercard. I had thought eBay was Paypal only but I guess not?

My question is when you pay with credit/debit does that still go through Paypal or is it a separate program in which you put in your info and the payment gets sent through that?

Hope I explained that alright, thanks a lot in advance.
-Scott

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Scott, you can pay by Money Order as well......you just are not covered.

Some pp accounts are not bank linked but CC backed. Also, sellers still use some other auction set-up systems which allows them to accept pp or CC directly. I think this is still one:
http://www.auctiva.com

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
George_Calfas said:
Scott, you can pay by Money Order as well......you just are not covered.

Some pp accounts are not bank linked but CC backed. Also, sellers still use some other auction set-up systems which allows them to accept pp or CC directly. I think this is still one:
http://www.auctiva.com
Thanks George

That is what I originally thought, that sellers would be able to accept credit cards directly through a program. I just really wanted to make sure before I ended up purchasing something and than having Paypal as the only option, and credit/debit cards could only be used through it.

Also, I tend to stay away from MOs on eBay for the time being, as I had one occasion in which I sent a MO and the seller claimed it never made it there...(it was only 1 out of about 15 transactions on eBay using a MO, but can never be too safe I suppose...)

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Scott,

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/accepted-payment-methods.html

Payment options for most listings
For most categories, you need to offer at least one electronic payment or Internet merchant credit card option. This provides a fast and secure transaction for you and the buyer. When a buyer clicks the Pay Now button in My eBay, the listing, or email notification, they pay you immediately and the payment is processed through the option you've chosen. You receive an email telling you you've been paid and you can ship the item. You can also offer payment upon pickup.
Learn more about selecting your payment preferences.

You'll be offered payment options when you list your item. Payment options for most listings include:

PayPal
ProPay
Moneybookers
Paymate
Merchant credit card
Payment upon pickup

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks Kevin, I saw somewhere else that you still have to have a Paypal acct in order to pay with Mastercard/Visa so I thought I would make sure. Good to know I will be able to purchase off eBay again [from certain sellers]....well maybe not for my wallet. :lol:

Latest posts