Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are there any good card shows in the Tacoma/Seattle Area?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarinerswinWS

Oct 18, 2010
Tacoma, WA
I wanted to know from some of my fellow Western Washingtoners on the board if there are any good shows in the area of Tacoma/Seattle.
Any help is welcome,
Thanks.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
There are shows. I don't know if they are "good" or not. Mostly the same guys setting up at all locations but if you look in their bargain boxes you can find steals. The main ones are in Auburn, Shoreline, and Bellevue.

Also one in Tacoma some antique mall show, it consists of 8 guys sitting in the back room of an antique mall talking with little to know customers and 80s/90s commons for the most part. I wouldn't waste your time

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
J-Rod said:
There are shows. I don't know if they are "good" or not. Mostly the same guys setting up at all locations but if you look in their bargain boxes you can find steals. The main ones are in Auburn, Shoreline, and Bellevue.

Also one in Tacoma some antique mall show, it consists of 8 guys sitting in the back room of an antique mall talking with little to know customers and 80s/90s commons for the most part. I wouldn't waste your time

I went to the one in shorline this past weekend at Meridian Park School. It was ok. There seemed to be about 20-30 different tables and I found a couple deals as well as some new Posada commons from 2011 products I needed. It was definitely worth the trip for me. I'm on some kind of mailing list and every once in a while a get a notification about a show there or in Mill Creek. I don't really remember how I initially got on it though :lol:

I've never heard of a show in Bellevue. When does it come around?

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Matsuicollector said:
J-Rod said:

I went to the one in shorline this past weekend at Meridian Park School. It was ok. There seemed to be about 20-30 different tables and I found a couple deals as well as some new Posada commons from 2011 products I needed. It was definitely worth the trip for me. I'm on some kind of mailing list and every once in a while a get a notification about a show there or in Mill Creek. I don't really remember how I initially got on it though :lol:

April 2nd is the next one at the Factoria Mall in Bellevue. Same dealers as the shoreline one with a few more added in. Gets more foot traffic so sometimes there are a few bigger dealers. I probably seen you this past weekend I was there 11-3

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
MarinerswinWS said:
What is the Auburn show like? And does anybody know when the next is?

Auburn is every few months and it just happened 3 weeks ago, so probably not for awhile. The school show in shoreline is once a month. Next one is April 30th and I think the Bellevue one is once a month or every other, the next one is April 2nd.

cvn66

Jun 25, 2009
Seattle, Wa
As previous posters have said, the dealers at the regular shows are almost always the same, so if you are looking for older stuff (i.e. anything more than 2 years old), their inventories get pretty stale. There used to be a great show at the Tacoma Dome a couple of times a year, but that is no more. The best show out here these days is the WSSCA show (happens 2x a year in June and November at the Meridian Park School in Shoreline) - especially if you are looking for vintage stuff. Even then, the dealers tend to be the same year after year, but since you don't see them as often, it isn't that bad.

I find that I am spending way more time finding what I need on various sites on the internet or traveling to a larger show somewhere outside the region.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
cvn66 said:
As previous posters have said, the dealers at the regular shows are almost always the same, so if you are looking for older stuff (i.e. anything more than 2 years old), their inventories get pretty stale. There used to be a great show at the Tacoma Dome a couple of times a year, but that is no more. The best show out here these days is the WSSCA show (happens 2x a year in June and November at the Meridian Park School in Shoreline) - especially if you are looking for vintage stuff. Even then, the dealers tend to be the same year after year, but since you don't see them as often, it isn't that bad.

I find that I am spending way more time finding what I need on various sites on the internet or traveling to a larger show somewhere outside the region.

Forgot about that show. I think that is coming up here in the next couple of months, If you don't mind the drive the Portland show run by the same guy isn't to bad either. Has a few of the local dealers and some new ones down there as well

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
J-Rod said:
Matsuicollector said:
[quote="J-Rod":2d0eex98]There are shows. I don't know if they are "good" or not. Mostly the same guys setting up at all locations but if you look in their bargain boxes you can find steals. The main ones are in Auburn, Shoreline, and Bellevue.

April 2nd is the next one at the Factoria Mall in Bellevue. Same dealers as the shoreline one with a few more added in. Gets more foot traffic so sometimes there are a few bigger dealers. I probably seen you this past weekend I was there 11-3[/quote:2d0eex98]

Probably did then, lol. I was there from 10-12.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
The shows in the area are:

http://www.twinoaksshows.com/

TWIN OAKS SHOWS 2011 SCHEDULE
April 2 Factoria Mall Bellevue, WA
April 9 Jantzen Beach Portland, OR
April 30 Meridian Park School Shoreline, WA
May 1 Meridian Park School Shoreline, WA
(This Show is the Comic Book Show)
May 7 Totem Lake Mall Kirkland, WA
May 14 Jantzen Beach Portland, OR
May 21 Meridian Park School Shoreline, WA
June 11 Jantzen Beach Portland, OR
June 18 Meridian Park School Shoreline, WA

I live in Puyallup, and since the shows are almost always up north.. I go to Auburn and once in awhile Factoria Mall or Totem Lake if I know that I am meeting someone up there..

I've been to the show in Jantzen Beach years ago.. and it was decent as you got some Oregon collectors as well..

Maybe someone will get a show going in the Tacoma area that is worthwhile (Western Washington Fairgrounds, a library, or other small venue)

A friend of mine did a card show in Federal Way but they didn't advertise so they only got a few collectors show up.. (I got some great stuff cheap there)

If you hear of anything, i'd probably be interested in it..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts