Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Bowman Chrome U-16 USA Auto's - Good Investment?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MichaelStanton2010

Feb 14, 2010
Just wondering everyone's thoughts on these as a down the road investment? If these can be had for $3-$5 per on the majority of the guys and are seeded 1 base auto per 12 box case....seems like these are very undervalued? The other consideration is these kids are almost too young to project...a lot can happen developmentally between now and when they are drafted...their stock could rise or fall based on several factors. Bottom line...are these a good buy or not? :) Thanks in advance!

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
As is generally the case, if you know what you're doing you'll do fine. I think if you randomly purchased $100 worth of these and sold them when it made sense to, it'd be pretty tough to lose money.

autorook

Jan 30, 2011
California
Joshua.Roundtree said:
Shhh. These have been cheap for quite a while now. Once the AFLAC/Showcase Events hit this summer, some of these cards are going to start to take off.

Not to mention all the serialed Bowman AFLAC AUs :D

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Some have started to move up - this is the best Gold Ref AU sale I remember in a while outside of Bregman - [phil:300thi31]120697644837[/phil:300thi31]

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
masonphillip said:
Some have started to move up - this is the best Gold Ref AU sale I remember in a while outside of Bregman - [phil:nb98u5sc]120697644837[/phil:nb98u5sc]

There is a very good reason for his sales, but there will likely be some oher reasons for his sales to drop soon. I have some inside information, but it's no solidified yet. I can't say anything unless it comes out.

One of my HS players this year played w/ him and now against him, so I know all about Nelson.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
masonphillip said:
Some have started to move up - this is the best Gold Ref AU sale I remember in a while outside of Bregman - [phil:35g6b4t7]120697644837[/phil:35g6b4t7]

There is a very good reason for his sales, but there will likely be some oher reasons for his sales to drop soon. I have some inside information, but it's no solidified yet. I can't say anything unless it comes out.

One of my HS players this year played w/ him and now against him, so I know all about Nelson.

He's not under 16.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
NECpilgrims8 said:
There is a very good reason for his sales, but there will likely be some oher reasons for his sales to drop soon.

I'm guessing a certain bay-area buyer won't be all that happy to hear that. He paid quite a bit for my N-Rod Orange BGS 9.5 recently.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Messier2 said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
masonphillip said:
Some have started to move up - this is the best Gold Ref AU sale I remember in a while outside of Bregman - [phil:27yg0s9z]120697644837[/phil:27yg0s9z]

He's not under 16.

You're right, he's not under 16.

I really can't and shouldn't say a thing until (if) it's out there by people higher up than myself.

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008
has anyone heard anything about sheldon neuse signing for his redemptions?
I don't know if all of these guys will be playing baseball in 2 years, so go for the ones you think will be.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Is there value in buying up some of these guys? Sure.

But, the thing about it is the length of time for the investment. Some of these guys won't be drafted until 2013. I always shoot to double my investment, but if it takes 2+ years to do that-there is a large opportunity cost. In that same time, I could have invested that same $$ into 2 or 3, or more, guys and profited on them all.

I guess it's just a matter of whether you want your $$ tied up for a long time. I have invested in a little bit, but can't see myself spending that much. There isn't much liquidity in these 16U autos(in terms of being able to profit off of them that soon).

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
You also need to realize that many of them are on the USA map, so they will likely make another team in the future (18U, Collegiate).

You have to really research them to pick the right ones, or else it's no use holding them.

I only like about 3 of them, with one being a no-brainer in Bregman.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
Jaypers said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
There is a very good reason for his sales, but there will likely be some oher reasons for his sales to drop soon.

I'm guessing a certain bay-area buyer won't be all that happy to hear that. He paid quite a bit for my N-Rod Orange BGS 9.5 recently.

He bought my Nelson Super Auto as well.

MichaelStanton2010

Feb 14, 2010
Great point here...This is my main concern with the investment on these is how long they need to be held to get a nice flip....does anyone really know which guys at this point are worth buying though? Still though these are 12X harder to pull then a base chrome auto. BTW...does anyone have an estimated print run on the "base" auto's? Thanks for all the input!

hail2thevictors said:
Is there value in buying up some of these guys? Sure.

But, the thing about it is the length of time for the investment. Some of these guys won't be drafted until 2013. I always shoot to double my investment, but if it takes 2+ years to do that-there is a large opportunity cost. In that same time, I could have invested that same $$ into 2 or 3, or more, guys and profited on them all.

I guess it's just a matter of whether you want your $$ tied up for a long time. I have invested in a little bit, but can't see myself spending that much. There isn't much liquidity in these 16U autos(in terms of being able to profit off of them that soon).

Members online

Latest posts