Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Topps USA Patch auto /50 popularity...thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
It seems like the decision by Topps to produce these cards is a big hit. The prices on the popular players seems to be steadily climbing over the last month or so too. They look great with the patches and the autos look nice and clean even as an insert into the card.

It also seems like these cards are getting really hard to find. I know they are #'d to 50, but the market seems to have dried up on a lot of the nicer players.

All that being said, what do you think about these cards? Does the numbering to 50 make it more appealing to you? Or is it the overall look of the card?

I'm also curious as to where the values of top prospects will end up once the draft gets here. It really seems like they could continue to climb a great deal.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Feel like sharing what you are hoarding or would that expose some prospecting secrets? :lol:

I assume you bought your cards early then when prices were lower. Could you share how much you have seen your cards grow (don't use names of players if you prefer)? I started following them a little late, but they are still jumping in price.

NECpilgrims8 said:
They are becomin hard to find because people like me are hoarding them.

I think they are great cards that will likely see some big spikes come draft time.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
allstars said:
tommyfro21 said:
Bump for the night crowd...

Can someone please post a pic or link to one of these? Haven't seen one...thanks

Just do an ebay search. If you don't see any, check the completed listings.

My thought is that the patch autos were the cards to get for the usa guys before this year. Now we have both patch autos and chrome autos. I'm interested in seeing how things will play out on them as well, especially with the draft class we have this year. Btw, I don't think I've seen a cole on ebay for quite a while.

IndyKMB

Jan 29, 2011
Central HoosierLand
Assuming this is the card you are referring to, here's my one-and-only:

GCtoppsUSAauto.jpg

jofinn36

Feb 27, 2011
I really like USA Cards. I've had a great time collecting them. I went all out on my Sig. I have the complete set with two reds. I sent them to BGS yesterday. I also Have all the Buybacks. Which are tough to grade. I like the Chrome base and auto cards. Havent looked alot at the Topps USA sets.

Joe

autorook

Jan 30, 2011
California
It's a great look/design the only thing that isn't appealing to me is its a sticker. I prefer the green ink autos to this but those are #/25 :D

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
jofinn36 said:
I really like USA Cards. I've had a great time collecting them. I went all out on my Sig. I have the complete set with two reds. I sent them to BGS yesterday. I also Have all the Buybacks. Which are tough to grade. I like the Chrome base and auto cards. Havent looked alot at the Topps USA sets.

Joe
So you're one of the buyers I've been bidding against?

I expect my BGS submission to be back in a week. I had about a dozen of these USA cards graded.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
The only one I have currently and the one below it, which is the nicest I had at any point in time, sold to Brad Miller's Father on eBay. These cards are pretty sweet. One of the few things Topps did well in 2010. The USA Auto Patches in Bowman Platinum and the Team USA Boxed Set are awesome cards. Will be interesting if they can break the recent trend of USA Autos going in the toilet once they get more mainstream cards after they are drafted.

Anderson23of50.jpg

Miller11of50.jpg

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
This is one of the Cole patch autos I have. I think it is the nicest one due to the color.

2010ToppsUSAColeAutoGU550.jpg

Members online

Latest posts