Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ted Williams Autograph ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bateson

Oct 8, 2008
Hey all,

A few questions about this piece... Is Grand Slam Marketing with Williams' son a legit COA? I believe it is as I searched google and found nothing on him putting out fakes.

I put up a scan of the COA aswell as the Auto itself for people to judge.. I don't believe I have ever had a Williams Signature so I am no where near an expert on his stuff and would love some help on it.. which leads me to my next question. The Autograph Picture is a 15x18 pic in a 20x24 frame with Boston Red Sox custom matting.. what could I reasonably expect to get out of this piece if were to go up for auction?

Thanks for any and all help!

-Scott

tedw1.jpg

tedw2.jpg

twilliams3.jpg

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
baseballguy350 said:
My THOUGHTS only... I know that Ted's son was accused of forging and selling Ted's autograph. I personally would prefer a PSA piece.

I am pretty sure his son's COA's carry no weight anymore.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
It's a bit of an odd situation:

The later ones with the Green Diamond hologram are the ones you have to be more worried about having a JH Williams forged signature on from what I understand than the old GSM ones.

The problem with the old GSM ones like the one pictured here is that there is no direct linkage between the COA and the item, so it's easier for people to take a legit GSM COA and put it with a fake item.

If that it your item, I'd say spend the $ and get it authenticated by JSA (either through the FCB discounted offer that is going on in September), or throw it up on eBay as a test auction, and get a PSA/DNA quick opinion on it.

Tedw9

Apr 1, 2010
Here is another opinion....

I'm a huge Ted Williams fan and have read a lot about the John Henry forged autographs everyone brings up when Green Diamond is mentioned. From what I can tell, they are all JUST STORIES. Not one example has ever been brought forward that I have seen with a forged autograph with a Green Diamond hologram.

Now with the one you are showing, the issue with this, just like the old Score Board COA's that the COA can be put with any signed item. I'm no expert on Ted autographs, but I would feel much more comfortable buying one with a Green Diamond hologram or a UDA hologram.

You can get some nice signed Ted photos with the Green Diamond hologram on Ebay for around $150-175, sometimes a little less.

bateson

Oct 8, 2008
Thanks for the info guys.. I will pry just do the PSA quick opinion..

Thanks,
Scott

Members online

Latest posts