Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Another Neat Little Mailday (5% of Print Run)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wes

OG
Administrator
Goes nicely with these:

006-1.jpg
scaled.php

scaled.php

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Those are sweet. Out of curiosity, what was the rationale behind loading up on this player this card (just curious, feel free to ignore if you don't care to answer.)

Wes

OG
Administrator
Topnotchsy said:
Those are sweet. Out of curiosity, what was the rationale behind loading up on this player this card (just curious, feel free to ignore if you don't care to answer.)

Few quick ones - I can expand on this later if you like:

1. He's already hurt, so his prices weren't going to go down.
2. We've seen the hype he can generate.
3. These were redemptions - once in hand the price generally goes up about 10-20%.
4. Redemptions also offer a great chance at gem grades since they didn't go through the packing process.
5. There was an inkling (and it turned out to be true) that the BDP's would turn out to be SP's (they're #/99)

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
LLWesMan said:
Topnotchsy said:

3. These were redemptions - once in hand the price generally goes up about 10-20%.
4. Redemptions also offer a great chance at gem grades since they didn't go through the packing process.
5. There was an inkling (and it turned out to be true) that the BDP's would turn out to be SP's (they're #/99)
Makes a lot of sense. How have prices done since the redeemed cards have hit the market (or have none sold?) I imagine there was a jump when it came out they were /99.

Wes

OG
Administrator
Topnotchsy said:
LLWesMan said:
Topnotchsy said:

Makes a lot of sense. How have prices done since the redeemed cards have hit the market (or have none sold?) I imagine there was a jump when it came out they were /99.

The first one sold for $300. My avg. buy in is just under $187.8.

autorook

Jan 30, 2011
California
LLWesMan said:
Topnotchsy said:
LLWesMan said:
Topnotchsy said:

The first one sold for $300. My avg. buy in is just under $187.8.

Smart prospector... or should I call you an investor :lol:

Members online