Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bill Me Later Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
So, I have a few questions regarding the Bill Me Later option as the $15 ebay bucks promotion is getting very tempting, lol.

First, can I pay immediately after i make the purchase? If so, how do I go about doing it? If I ended up doing this I'd want to pay right away to avoid any additional interest charges.

Secondly, has anyone had any issues regarding the safety of this service? They do ask for the last 4 digits of the SS, which I've never had to input for an online service before.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008
This is just one of ebays crooked schemes in which they charge a near 20% interest rate if you don't pay on time. I know for sure ebay doesn't want to give me any money, but rather take it away any way they can. $15 free dollars does seem tempting to people who don't research bill me later first. I would AVOID at all costs.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
blazers091 said:
This is just one of ebays crooked schemes in which they charge a near 20% interest rate if you don't pay on time. I know for sure ebay doesn't want to give me any money, but rather take it away any way they can. $15 free dollars does seem tempting to people who don't research bill me later first. I would AVOID at all costs.

I'm well aware of the 20% interest charge and read the entire terms & conditions, which I why I'd want to pay immediately. I was just checking that I could do this once and avoid any interest charges whatsoever and make sure there weren't any loopholes I was missing. My plan is basically to use it this one time and never touch it again.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Matsuicollector said:
blazers091 said:

I'm well aware of the 20% interest charge and read the entire terms & conditions, which I why I'd want to pay immediately. I was just checking that I could do this once and avoid any interest charges whatsoever and make sure there weren't any loopholes I was missing. My plan is basically to use it this one time and never touch it again.

I was actually considering doing the same thing....

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008
Matsuicollector said:
blazers091 said:

If you want to do it then go for it. it will show up on your credit report.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
I know the BML promo that I did back in December doesnt have an interest charge or minimum payment for the 6 months I have to pay the item off. So if that promo is the same.... You might not be able to pay it off right away... but within a few days you should be able to. Or pay it off over time.. my item was a little over $100 and I currently owe $40 and should be no problem paying it off by July.

orion9578

Aug 8, 2008
New Mexico
I've used it 4-5 times. I've never paid any interest. You CAN pay it off the next day if that's what you want to do(it takes a couple of days to show up as paid). And I'm not really sure if I had to put in the last 4 of my social, but I probably did. It was a while back when I first signed up. For anyone worried about that, paypal has your SS #(they have mine), along with any other credit companies you do business with. I mean, my cable tv company has my social, haha. I don't have to sign in to anything. I pay like I'm using paypal(it's connected to your account/a paypal owned company)and just select that option instead of my regular credit card/bank account. You can pay for the service when you log into your paypal account(at least that's how mine works). And for anyone saying it's dangerous, bad, blah blah and blah...it's no worse then any other CC from what I can tell. MOST cc's now a days are super high interest rate. Just like any other CC you can get yourself in trouble if you use it to much. Personally I pay off balances whenever possible and haven't paid any interest to anyone in at least 5 years(except on my house). Good luck with whatever you decide!

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
orion9578 said:
I've used it 4-5 times. I've never paid any interest. You CAN pay it off the next day if that's what you want to do(it takes a couple of days to show up as paid). And I'm not really sure if I had to put in the last 4 of my social, but I probably did. It was a while back when I first signed up. For anyone worried about that, paypal has your SS #(they have mine), along with any other credit companies you do business with. I mean, my cable tv company has my social, haha. I don't have to sign in to anything. I pay like I'm using paypal(it's connected to your account/a paypal owned company)and just select that option instead of my regular credit card/bank account. You can pay for the service when you log into your paypal account(at least that's how mine works). And for anyone saying it's dangerous, bad, blah blah and blah...it's no worse then any other CC from what I can tell. MOST cc's now a days are super high interest rate. Just like any other CC you can get yourself in trouble if you use it to much. Personally I pay off balances whenever possible and haven't paid any interest to anyone in at least 5 years(except on my house). Good luck with whatever you decide!

Thanks for the input. I have the paypal available so I plan on paying as soon as the system allows me to. I think I'll be taking advantage of the offer. Thanks.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
When I thought about doing it someone here told me they checked your credit and mine isn't the best right now with buying a new car and a whole bunch of other expensive items. So I didn't think it was worth another hit on my credit. Again just what someone here told me never looked into it myself

For all the skeptical people afraid of using bill me later, I'll add this.

Unless you're considering making a large purchase like a home or car or something that is more than $10,000, I wouldn't worry about your credit score.

I've used it four times. When i've used it, they've always doubled my ebay bucks. The first time I used it, I got $10 for opening an account plus $5 in extra ebay bucks. Then with their latest promotion, I got $15 in additional ebay bucks for my last bill me later purchase. I bought a card that cost me $3.25 and got $15 in ebay bucks on top of it.

The only drawback is I never leave any paypal funds in my account so I had to link my checking account to the bill me later account in order to make a payment. You can't make a payment to bill me later with a credit card. It has to be paypal funds or taken from your checking/debit I believe.

orion9578

Aug 8, 2008
New Mexico
David Campos said:
You can't make a payment to bill me later with a credit card. It has to be paypal funds or taken from your checking/debit I believe.

That I didn't know. I guess I've always paid with a balance. Thanks for the information :).

Members online

Latest posts