Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is WILMER FLORES the next Met Star...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
bikerider60 said:
... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: maybe he looks good,but you know the Mets screw everything up..good luck...boys..

Didn't you make this post like a week ago..?

chiefer77

Mar 10, 2010
Ogdensburg, New York
Baseball American has the Mets farm system ranked at 20. While this is not very good, it's also not very telling. Last year, they were ranked worse and even though they've promoted several players like Davis, Neise and Duda, who are pretty damn good players, their system has gotten better.

The Mets it seems do have a tendency to screw some players up, ie Fernando Martinez, but they have a few rising stars, such as Harvey, Flores, Mejia.

I'd still rather be a Mets fan then a Pirates fan.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Joshua.Roundtree said:
jbhofmann said:
The Mets have stars? I thought they just had media created darlings like David Wright and Jose Reyes.

And what exactly is Derek Jeter? Because he's not a top-flight MLB baseball player........
Holy crap, when was Jeter traded to the Mets!?

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
chiefer77 said:
Baseball American has the Mets farm system ranked at 20. While this is not very good, it's also not very telling. Last year, they were ranked worse and even though they've promoted several players like Davis, Neise and Duda, who are pretty damn good players, their system has gotten better.

The Mets it seems do have a tendency to screw some players up, ie Fernando Martinez, but they have a few rising stars, such as Harvey, Flores, Mejia.

Pirates could be legitimate division contenders within a year or 2 as long as they dont screw up their minor league teams. They have great talent on the club and good prospects developing.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Card Magnet said:
[quote="Joshua.Roundtree":2k8hfs60]
jbhofmann said:
The Mets have stars? I thought they just had media created darlings like David Wright and Jose Reyes.

And what exactly is Derek Jeter? Because he's not a top-flight MLB baseball player........
Holy crap, when was Jeter traded to the Mets!?[/quote:2k8hfs60]

I think you know what I meant.......Was just commenting on the 'media created darlings' reference. That is all Jeter is now.

chiefer77

Mar 10, 2010
Ogdensburg, New York
GarkoCollector said:
chiefer77 said:

Pirates could be legitimate division contenders within a year or 2 as long as they dont screw up their minor league teams. They have great talent on the club and good prospects developing.

Agreed. I believe their farm system is ranked 19th. It's just surprising that they aren't ranked higher given the fact that they've had some pretty high draft spots.

admetstiger

Sep 25, 2010
Long Island, NY
Wilmer Flores makes great contact... Great hand-eye coordination... rarely strikes out... Scouts love his bat... He a youngster, so his power hasnt developed yet... Not sure if he is a SS bc he should get bigger... Glove is decent... This kid will hit in the majors folks...

admetstiger

Sep 25, 2010
Long Island, NY
It's easy to bash the Mets... We all know that bc there is plenty to bash... But don't get too carried away... This kid is a legit prospect... All of you Yankee fans on here probably havent looked at his stats or a scouting report, or even have seen him swing a bat, yet you assume he is garbage... If that is the case, then you aren't exactly the right people to have an intelligent convo with...

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
admetstiger said:
It's easy to bash the Mets... We all know that bc there is plenty to bash... But don't get too carried away... This kid is a legit prospect... All of you Yankee fans on here probably havent looked at his stats or a scouting report, or even have seen him swing a bat, yet you assume he is garbage... If that is the case, then you aren't exactly the right people to have an intelligent convo with...

When no one answers the first time that means no one cares.

admetstiger

Sep 25, 2010
Long Island, NY
nyc3 said:
admetstiger said:

LOL Who asked you? I tell you what, when I ask for toilet paper, you can roll on in, ok?
And if people didnt care what I had to say, then 10 people wouldnt have looked in under a minute...
By the way, were you made with a finger?

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
admetstiger said:
nyc3 said:
admetstiger said:

LOL Who asked you? I tell you what, when I ask for toilet paper, you can roll on in, ok?
And if people didnt care what I had to say, then 10 people wouldnt have looked in under a minute...

Huh? Are you and bikerider the same person? IP check please.

admetstiger

Sep 25, 2010
Long Island, NY
jbhofmann said:
admetstiger said:
nyc3 said:
admetstiger said:

Huh? Are you and bikerider the same person? IP check please.

Nope...Not me...
Arent you and that other low brow the same keyboard toughguys from the Banuelos thread... Keep hiding behind the screen, sweetheart....

admetstiger

Sep 25, 2010
Long Island, NY
Since it went over that sharp mind of yours, here it is...
Were you made with a finger = daddy has ****** on finger and inserts into mommy... Implying you came from idiocy... Are we clear on that now?

Members online

Latest posts