Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ever bought hot packs off ebay...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportzluvr1

Jan 16, 2009
I've boughten one in my life and it was 2005 BD&P for $20. Pulled a Zimmerman Chrome auto.

True Story.

-Gauge.

hookem99

Oct 30, 2010
Ive bought a few before and somethimes you pull cool stuff Kobe Jersey for 5 bucks and other stuff like that, I really dont feel that most hot pack salesmen are trying to rip you off, just a few scumbags here and there (like in any aspect of life)

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
I bought a few of them when I was new to collecting about 3+ years ago. Didnt know any better. My smartest purchase was buying a superfractor hot pack on ebay for like $160. Pulled a Bill Hall, hahaha. You beckett guys may remember me trying to get rid of that by doing an ebay mystery superfractor auction. You guys werent fans of that. I've learned quite a bit in 3 years :D

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
I sold a couple no name gold refractor autographs from 2006 Bowman Chrome a few years ago. A few days later, the buyer of those two cards had listed (2) "Guaranteed Gold Refractor Auto 2006 Bowman Chrome Hot Packs!" This was before buyers ID were hidden, so I contacted the buyer of those two "hot packs" asking him if the autos he pulled were Elvin Puello & Josh Sullivan. He responds with "Yes, how did you know?" I link him to the cards I just sold, with matching serial numbers.

I believe my cards sold for about $12 & $14 each. His "Hot Packs" sold for something like $69.99 BIN each.

Moral of the story: DON'T BUY HOT PACKS!

Chrisdg19006

Dec 16, 2010
I bought a couple 2010 BDPP hot packs of the bay for $7.50, pulled a USA jersey relic in each one. Not worth the $7.50, but I just wanted to see what it would be like.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
Bet a board member if I bought an SP cut pack a few years back, My cut would be either Lemon, Covelski or Roush. He told me he double my money if that was the case, Seller bought a Covelski cut a few months prior and I pulled it. Seller was reported and thrown off ebay, Sent card back and got a refund.

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
I bought two at a local show once of 2005 topps chrome in 2006, pulled a jay bruce auto refractor and a travis buck black refractor auto. Sold the buck and still have the bruce. only bought one other at a show shortly thereafter pulled a scrub gu.

Never got any after that.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
hookem99 said:
Ive bought a few before and somethimes you pull cool stuff Kobe Jersey for 5 bucks and other stuff like that, I really dont feel that most hot pack salesmen are trying to rip you off, just a few scumbags here and there (like in any aspect of life)

They may not be trying to "rip you off".....but at least in my opinion they probably fit the "scumbag" designation regardless.
How are you able to sell hot packs? The easiest ways would seem to be resealing packs (which is usually when you get the hits most likely not worth the pack price) or by weighing packs, pack searching retail, etc.
At least imo it represents the worst of the hobby and not really something to support - especially since it's not all that difficult to find a hit-per-pack product nowadays or a product with good odds.

I suppose you could rip through a box - get to the last pack and realize there's a "hit" inside.......then decide to sell that pack blind. That wouldn't really fit into anything I described above as "wrong"..... I just don't think that's happening all that often.

(Sorry to go on the anti-hot pack, pack searching rant. :lol: Tried to keep it search......like many, just a pet peeve)

Members online

Latest posts