Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Singleton AFLAC Auto Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
I picked this up at a local shop, and not being that well-versed on prospect stuff, I figured I'd ask here where the card originally came from. It isn't serial #'d and all the ones on eBay are.

Thanks for any help!

Scan_Pic0063.jpg

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
Jastermereel said:
Messier2 said:
Distributed at the game and probably signed IP afterwards.

It definitely came out of a pack.

if it isn't serial #d, it's a ip auto. if it has the authentication sticker on the back, chances are it was taken from a cheaper card. unless you saw it pulled, i highly doubt it is a pack pulled cert.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Halonut said:
Jastermereel said:
Messier2 said:

if it isn't serial #d, it's a ip auto. if it has the authentication sticker on the back, chances are it was taken from a cheaper card. unless you saw it pulled, i highly doubt it is a pack pulled cert.

I don't believe any of these cards have the sticker on the back.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Jastermereel said:
Messier2 said:

no it didnt. this is not from 2011 bowman draft and is an IP signed card and has no where near the value of the SP from BDP.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Jastermereel said:
frzg said:
Jastermereel said:
Messier2 said:

no it didnt

Because you were there, and nothing crazy has ever happened like a card doesn't get numbered.

K, you made a thread and asked where a card was from. We all told you where, you said we were wrong and disagreed. Why even make the thread?

It didn't come out of a pack and these show up constantly for every player and sell for a fraction of the serial #'ed certified version. This is an IP auto.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
frzg said:
Jastermereel said:
frzg said:
Jastermereel said:
Messier2 said:

no it didnt

Because you were there, and nothing crazy has ever happened like a card doesn't get numbered.

K, you made a thread and asked where a card was from. We call told you, you said we were wrong and disagreed. Why even make the thread?

It didn't come out of a pack and these show up constantly for every player and sell for a fraction of the serial #'ed certified version. This is an IP auto.

K, I didn't say anyone was wrong. I'm fairly certain it came from a pack based on the location I purchased it from. Not because this location is the mecca of ethical business, but because it's all football cards.

No matter how much less it's worth than the #'d version, I don't care. I paid $4. I just don't think somebody that frequents the place that had this card went to the AFLAC game, got this signed, and then sold it to the guy so he could sell it for a profit at $4.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Jastermereel said:
frzg said:
Jastermereel said:
frzg said:
Jastermereel said:
[quote="Messier2":33la0sxd]Distributed at the game and probably signed IP afterwards.

no it didnt

K, you made a thread and asked where a card was from. We call told you, you said we were wrong and disagreed. Why even make the thread?

K, I didn't say anyone was wrong. I'm fairly certain it came from a pack based on the location I purchased it from. Not because this location is the mecca of ethical business, but because it's all football cards.

No matter how much less it's worth than the #'d version, I don't care. I paid $4. I just don't think somebody that frequents the place that had this card went to the AFLAC game, got this signed, and then sold it to the guy so he could sell it for a profit at $4.[/quote:33la0sxd]

Nice buy. I'll give you ten bucks. :)

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Jastermereel said:
frzg said:
Jastermereel said:
frzg said:
Jastermereel said:
[quote="Messier2":13pjlhb7]Distributed at the game and probably signed IP afterwards.

no it didnt

No matter how much less it's worth than the #'d version, I don't care. I paid $4. I just don't think somebody that frequents the place that had this card went to the AFLAC game, got this signed, and then sold it to the guy so he could sell it for a profit at $4.[/quote:13pjlhb7]

Like it or not, thats what happened.

There is zero chance it came out of a pack.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
frzg said:
Jastermereel said:
frzg said:
Jastermereel said:
frzg said:
[quote="Jastermereel":15jgiyu3][quote="Messier2":15jgiyu3]Distributed at the game and probably signed IP afterwards.

no it didnt

No matter how much less it's worth than the #'d version, I don't care. I paid $4. I just don't think somebody that frequents the place that had this card went to the AFLAC game, got this signed, and then sold it to the guy so he could sell it for a profit at $4.[/quote:15jgiyu3]

Like it or not, thats what happened.

There is zero chance it came out of a pack.[/quote:15jgiyu3]

There's no such thing as zero chance in sports cards.

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
Whether you want to believe it or not that card did not come out of a pack.

It is an In Person Autograph of a card that was given out at the AFLAC game played at Dodger Stadium in 2008.

Maybe the dealer bought it in a lot of other cards or bought it off Ebay...

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
jmc280zx said:

It is an In Person Autograph of a card that was given out at the AFLAC game played at Dodger Stadium in 2008.

This dealer doesn't know what a computer looks like.

Oh, by the way, I live in VIRGINIA. Three thousand miles from Dodger Stadium.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Jastermereel said:
jmc280zx said:

Honestly, your reaction to people who are telling you what they know is astounding, if you think its pack pulled, great. It isnt, no one here is lying to you. Having 4 exactly like it, i know what it is. For 4 dollars, you did well.

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
Jastermereel said:
jmc280zx said:

And some one could have walked in to his shop with a lot of cards that they bought on Ebay and sold it to him.

I know I live near LA and went to the AFLAC games for the last 3 years. I have also gone back to Nashville Tn many times and set up at shows out there and sold the same AFLAC cards that I got all the way across the country in LA and San Diego. It does not matter where you live or how "far away" it might be from some event.. the things given out at any event can and will make it to anywhere in the world...

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
phillyfan0417 said:
Jastermereel said:
jmc280zx said:

Honestly, your reaction to people who are telling you what they know is astounding, if you think its pack pulled, great. It isnt, no one here is lying to you. Having 4 exactly like it, i know what it is. For 4 dollars, you did well.

I realize this thing, no matter where it came from, is worth whatever an IP is worth because it suits the bill of being one. I get it. That's fine. My query isn't based on value. I'll still eat tonight. I'm just trying to trace the card from it's origin to ending up in the guy's shop.

It just makes no sense that it came from the AFLAC game.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Jastermereel said:
phillyfan0417 said:
Jastermereel said:
jmc280zx said:

I realize this thing, no matter where it came from, is worth whatever an IP is worth because it suits the bill of being one. I get it. That's fine. My query isn't based on value. I'll still eat tonight. I'm just trying to trace the card from it's origin to ending up in the guy's shop.

It just makes no sense that it came from the AFLAC game.

I bought mine from a guy in south jersey who bought it from a guy in arizona. I'm in wisconsin. It was either signed at the game or possibly at some other time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts