Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cashner #5 SP, Silva Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Assuming this turns out to be true, I'm guessing you Cubs fans will dig this news.

http://twitter.com/Joelsherman1

Exec from another team said Cashner is going to be part of #Cubs rotation, so Silva is out; Cubs will eat big $ to make him go away

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
That's good news for the Cubs. After Silva pitched well in his last start, I figuired the Cubs would make the mistake of letting him start, so I am a little suprised and excited at the same time. Though it Zambrano may throw a tantrum, since he and Silva are close friends :lol:

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Good move by the Cubs. They needed to go with Cashner or Coleman in the #5 spot to get one of them some MLB experience. Silva was merely the price of getting rid of Milton Bradley. Cashner has the better stuff and pitched well in the spring, so the decision to go with him makes sense.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
I am very happy with this news. I think Cash is going to be a nice 5th starter and am glad to get rid of Silva. He started out great last year but has been terrible since the all star break

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Good article. I picked up a few of his rookies over the last few months for my personal collection and even picked up 3 Finest auto redemptions. Now if Topps would just mail them to me...

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
cgilmo said:
more. than. most.

MORE THAN MOST

+1 glad I added those (5) blue refractors two weeks ago....

And the best part is that this is very good for my Cubbies. We NEED a young starter learning at the big league level.

skrip

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
more. than. most.

MORE THAN MOST

You an me both...
i have been holding a big collection of his auto's from Elite, Contenders and leaf limited an have a good amount of his bowman chrome 1st chrome's. Looking to make some off of his cards since most could be had before,during an after you wrote that article last year for 1.00. I remember writing in a thread last year how i liked his upside an only you an i where fans of him..

Congrats

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
I didn't realize he was from Conroe, Texas went to TCU until today(I used to live there and I live in Ft Worth).
May have to pick up a few of his cards.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
I still cannot believe they ever tried Cashner as a reliever.

Glad to see that he is probably going to be the #5 starter-should have a nice career.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
hail2thevictors said:
I still cannot believe they ever tried Cashner as a reliever.

Glad to see that he is probably going to be the #5 starter-should have a nice career.

They wanted to get him experience last year and prove that he can handle Major League hitting. There was no room in the rotation last year, and they were torn on whether to groom him to be the closer of the future or a possible ace of the staff.

Glad he is getting his shot. He will be dynomite if he can limit the walks.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
the Cubs can release Silva if they want to piss away a bunch of money.

based on what I've heard today on Chicago sports radio, he will likely end up in the bullpen.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
James52411 said:
Good article. I picked up a few of his rookies over the last few months for my personal collection and even picked up 3 Finest auto redemptions. Now if Topps would just mail them to me...

I got my Cashner Finest in the mail about a month ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts