Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What are you doing with your extra signed Hothead copies?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I know many people bought numerous copies of the book "Hothead" signed by Ripken on Amazon and Borders (now sold out I believe) because of the low price tag. If you bought numerous copies, what are you doing with them?

I picked up 5 copies. So far I've giving one to a younger relative of mine, one I'm using as an incentive for a kid I tutor who likes sports way more than he likes studying, and one I plan on sending to the kids of some family friends who are big time sports fans, and at around 9-11 years old don't have much other than base cards.

For me I love the fact that for a little more than $10 I can give an autograph of one of the all-time greats to people who will appreciate for much more than that.

Would love to hear what others are doing with their extra copies? I'm sure there will be some sweet cut auto's and the like and I'm sure others have plans for them as well.

VinnyH

Oct 5, 2010
Westchester, NY
I'm going to frame a Ripken photo I took years ago with the cut auto and see who might want one of them. The books I will donate to my school. I may wait and have my local dealer buddy get PSA to tag the backs of the cuts just to help the new owners of them.
I printed a limited edition of 5 on canvas stock and will number them. Here's the photo I did a little work on in Photoshop (minus the vinnyh)...

CalArtvjh.jpg

Best to All,
VinnyH

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
VinnyH said:
I'm going to frame a Ripken photo I took years ago with the cut auto and see who might want one of them. The books I will donate to my school. I may wait and have my local dealer buddy get PSA to tag the backs of the cuts just to help the new owners of them.
I printed a limited edition of 5 on canvas stock and will number them. Here's the photo I did a little work on in Photoshop (minus the vinnyh)...

CalArtvjh.jpg

Best to All,
VinnyH
Sounds cool.

Anyone else?

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
I have yet to pick any up. I will probably pick up 2-3. Mainly just because I like Ripken and don't have an auto of him, yet.
I think someone mentioned they were sold out...

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
I have 2, still contemplating what I want to do. Will most likely make a cut or a custom framed picture somewhere down the line and possibly move the other.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
I knew it was too good to be true...local store had 8 copies.

None were signed :(

Now, does this open the door for fakes? I would think so.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
PeteD said:
I knew it was too good to be true...local store had 8 copies.

None were signed :(

Now, does this open the door for fakes? I would think so.

What are you talking about? If you ordered them online they came signed, they didn't send out 75,000 signed copies to every store in the world.

JAMmedia

Feb 15, 2010
I wish I had known about this. I'd have grabbed a few copies and made some cards - even though I'm not a Ripken fan.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Hard to believe there are people out there who are not fans of Ripkens. The guy did everything right.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts