Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Conversation with Panini today - Redemptions, etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I have called Panini about 20 times over the last three weeks. I have NOT actually talked to anyone until today. Despite leaving four messages, which they claim to return all messages within 24 hours.

So, I finally got someone on the phone today to my surprise. I talked to them about a card that was supposedly sent over a month ago that I never received. I have to sign an affidavit (sp?) officially stating that I never got the card so that they can file a claim with the USPS.

So, onto what you might care about. I spoke with them about the LONGGGGG delays they are experiencing with 2010 Elite. The representative told me that supposedly they just received over 10,000 stickers and are logging them and hoping to ship within a few days. I thought I read on here recently that they were told the same thing.

She went on to tell me that they are at the mercy of the players. Even though they are under contract, there is NO TIME FRAME stated in the contract. I asked why Topps was able to get these players to sign on card for their prodcut that came out months later. There was no reasoning or response. I also asked why some of the Christian Colon autos have come out and others were not sent. She again didn't have a response.

The one other thing i found interesting was that she said part of the delay was that the players sign for all products at once, not just one. This was tough to understand for me, unless they have some prospect products coming up that I don't know about.

Anyways, that is all of the information I could get. Thought you might want to hear the limited information I received.

Skrip

5toolplayer

Mar 12, 2011
PA
I'm still waiting on a Lesean McCoy College Contenders RT auto...can u send me a good contact # for them. Thanks

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
mwashuc06 said:
So does this mean, they should be shipping the autos within the next couple of months?

Who knows, she was wishy washy about it. I have been waiting on almost 20 since release. Crazy stuff.

skrip

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
5toolplayer said:
I'm still waiting on a Lesean McCoy College Contenders RT auto...can u send me a good contact # for them. Thanks

I just used the # on the web page. BUT it took me over 20 calls to actually talk to anyone.

skrip

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Hate the players, not the card manufacures. Last thing want to do is pay all postage and mailing supplies and hiring people to fill them. A lot of overhead cost they wish they didn't have. Players just don't give a rip.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
matchpenalty said:
Hate the players, not the card manufacures. Last thing want to do is pay all postage and mailing supplies and hiring people to fill them. A lot of overhead cost they wish they didn't have. Players just don't give a rip.

While I agree with you, the part I don't understand is how Topps got these SAME PLAYERS to sign ON card to be included in their product, and Panini can't seem to get stickers signed 6 months after release. That truly shows some incomptence on the part of Panini. But yes, the players are certainly slacking. But again, how did Topps get em done and Panini can't?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
ballerskrip said:
matchpenalty said:
While I agree with you, the part I don't understand is how Topps got these SAME PLAYERS to sign ON card to be included in their product, and Panini can't seem to get stickers signed 6 months after release. That truly shows some incomptence on the part of Panini. But yes, the players are certainly slacking. But again, how did Topps get em done and Panini can't?
don't bother Matt. he just says this same **** over & over in as many different threads as possible.

~starting to think he works for Panini~

jet0002

Aug 7, 2008
Pelham, AL
How about this one? Ben Tate signed all of his Contenders autos on card, yet his championship ticket 1/1 auto is a redemption. ::facepalm:: The only explanation I could think was maybe it was pulled in quality control and couldn't be packed out. It's already been over a month with no replies after several emails. I would call, but it doesn't sound too promising as of late.

Juddy

Aug 22, 2010
Rogersville, MO
Topps does actual signings with the players when they need to have stickers and/or cards signed so they have more control over the timing of getting their stuff signed. Panini ships the players the cards and/or stickers and are at their mercy as to when they get them back.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Juddy said:
Topps does actual signings with the players when they need to have stickers and/or cards signed so they have more control over the timing of getting their stuff signed. Panini ships the players the cards and/or stickers and are at their mercy as to when they get them back.[/quote]
Who then certifies the auto is authentic? Couldn't the player just pay a buddy a few hundred dollars to sign his cards/stickers for him and then send them back to Panini?

The guys who are saying it is the players that are at fault are full of shat. Yes, the players maybe slacking, but bottom line Panini offered these redemptions in their product. These offerings are why many collectors buy their product. It is 100% on Panini to make good here. I don't see how that is on the player. Panini needs to step up and make these guys sign; they did sign a contract.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Crewfan82 said:
Juddy said:
Topps does actual signings with the players when they need to have stickers and/or cards signed so they have more control over the timing of getting their stuff signed. Panini ships the players the cards and/or stickers and are at their mercy as to when they get them back.[/quote]
Who then certifies the auto is authentic? Couldn't the player just pay a buddy a few hundred dollars to sign his cards/stickers for him and then send them back to Panini?

The guys who are saying it is the players that are at fault are full of shat. Yes, the players maybe slacking, but bottom line Panini offered these redemptions in their product. These offerings are why many collectors buy their product. It is 100% on Panini to make good here. I don't see how that is on the player. Panini needs to step up and make these guys sign; they did sign a contract.

The player has to sign an affidavit saying that they signed the stickers. Topps has done the same thing before.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
justinmandawg said:
matchpenalty said:
i'm sure Panini has gotten some guys to sign that Topps is waiting on. All boils down to the players whim.

Then I'm sure you'll be able to give us names of those players.

Todd Frazier, Daniel Moskos are two examples. Wilmer Flores and Jesus Montero as well in the past. Sure they signed for Topps at one point, but it took a while. Same thing with Machado is right now.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Crewfan82 said:
Juddy said:

Guys who are saying it's card company fault are full of shat. Yes, players have signed contracts. that is why it is 100% on them. they don't give a shat most of the time. I bet Panini, Topps ect have all kinds of stories where these guys blow off coming and doing signings. Or sending crap in. Watch vids panini posts, most of times it looks like it is last thing want to be doing. Player should not sign contracts to sign cards if they are just going to blow off doing them. If all you guys think it is so easy. i'm sure Panini and Topps would love to hire you if you have some magic formula to get all cards signed from players and back in time. You can make some nice money I bet.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
matchpenalty said:
Crewfan82 said:
Juddy said:

Guys who are saying it's card company fault are full of shat. Yes, players have signed contracts. that is why it is 100% on them. they don't give a shat most of the time. I bet Panini, Topps ect have all kinds of stories where these guys blow off coming and doing signings. Or sending crap in. Watch vids panini posts, most of times it looks like it is last thing want to be doing. Player should not sign contracts to sign cards if they are just going to blow off doing them. If all you guys think it is so easy. i'm sure Panini and Topps would love to hire you if you have some magic formula to get all cards signed from players and back in time. You can make some nice money I bet.

There is a reason why it's bigger names sometimes that don't return the fastest. They don't need the money as much. Machado had a huge bonus to sign, so making 5 grand or less from Panini is probably something he could care less about.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
matchpenalty said:
Crewfan82 said:
Juddy said:

The point is, why put them in the autograph set in the first place if you are not sure you will be able to sign them. Get the cards back, FIRST, then create your checklist = no redemptions. Donruss did fine with this for their 1996 signature set. ALL on-card, NO redmeptions. It was a huge set. It can be done.

You don't advertise you will have certain guys in a set autographed prior to even having the autograph in hand. It's FALSE advertising.

Redemptions are FALSE promises.

Card companies have gotten LAZY cause they realized they have the redemption CRUTCH to fall upon.

They CAN have products without redemptions. They just CHOOSE NOT TO.

It IS the company's faults.

If they cant' secure an autograph on time for a card set release, don't include it in the product, or release the set at a later date until ALL the cards are in.

Its pretty simple.

Now where is my money for my consultation?

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
brouthercard said:
matchpenalty said:
Crewfan82 said:
Juddy said:

The point is, why put them in the autograph set in the first place if you are not sure you will be able to sign them. Get the cards back, FIRST, then create your checklist = no redemptions. Donruss did fine with this for their 1996 signature set. ALL on-card, NO redmeptions. It was a huge set. It can be done.

You don't advertise you will have certain guys in a set autographed prior to even having the autograph in hand. It's FALSE advertising.

Redemptions are FALSE promises.

Card companies have gotten LAZY cause they realized they have the redemption CRUTCH to fall upon.

They CAN have products without redemptions. They just CHOOSE NOT TO.

Comparing anything to 1996 Donruss signature today is insane. Players charge so much more for autographs, players don't care as much about signing as back then when that was the only thing they were offered to sign as opposed to today where they sign tons more. They get paid more, and the money the stars get for signing to a lot of them at this point just isn't worth their time.

That's why prospect autos are a lot easier to get on card, they can use the money and aren't jaded enough that signing is a huge chore to them.

Members online

Latest posts