Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Suggestions for unloading unwanted cards....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Babbaloie

Nov 9, 2010
Hey all,
I've got sort of an on-again/off-again relationship with the hobby at large that mostly corresponds to how grouchy my wife is regarding how much space cards take up. My current "on-again" goal is to really focus my collection on the two aspects that I really love through the purchase of singles in lieu of wax. The Texas Rangers and prospects will be my focus. That said, I've got several boxes full of "stuff/junk" that's just taking up space. Short of just throwing them out, what do you guys suggest I do with them?

What do you do with your unwanted cards?

Babbaloie

Nov 9, 2010
tramers said:
what do you have? interested in minor league Rangers ?

I have a sizeable pile of 2010 Bowman base (like the rest of the world) and a great deal of odds and ends, just stuff I've pulled from Random pack breaks here and there over the course of 2009/2010 mostly.

Is there anything in particular you'd be interested in? I could send a good bit of it in the direction of anyone who wanted it provided they'd either (a) give something in return or (b) help cover shipping. Otherwise, I'm going to take the prevoius poster's suggestions and either donate them or build a trebuchet and launch them....though I suspect that would be littering.

Minor league Rangers? Hellz yes. It's the intersection of my two favorite parts of the hobby.

I'll tell you what, not buying wax is going to take some serious willpower on my part. The 2011 goal is to collect....not accumulate.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
It really depends what you want the initial goal to be IMO.

TTMers/IPers will be all over the Bowman cards.

If you are willing to sort, team lots (especially more-current ones) sell really well on FCB.

If you are willing to spend the shipping money, free cards can be sent out very easily here.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Why did you buy them all if you dont want them all?????

...makes no sense at all.

If you like baseball... keep them, read them, trade them, enjoy them... thats what they were made for.... but if you think youre going to get rich with cards and only see $ signs, then your in the "hobby" for all the wrong reasons, like most are nowadays.

Give them to a kid who enjoys playing little league or tee-ball, ....a young baseball lover usually like all cards.

Ive been collecting/dealing for over 30 years daily, I have never owned more than 10,000 cards ever at one time... I only buy or trade for what I like...Old Baseball (Topps is not old), and some 19th Century WildWest/Indian cards
...thats why I have never owned a football card, basketball card, or new card (post 1970s), I dont like them so dont buy them.

PS this is probably the 100th time I heard this same story.... very common post/subject on all new card message boards

autorook

Jan 30, 2011
California
You can do what I did, the boxes I've busted I would gather lots of players I didn't collect and start them around $2-3 dollar bidding. You probably won't get much but atleast you got your shipping covered and a potential positive feedback :D

Babbaloie

Nov 9, 2010
fkw said:
Why did you buy them all if you dont want them all?????

...makes no sense at all.

If you like baseball... keep them, read them, trade them, enjoy them... thats what they were made for.... but if you think youre going to get rich with cards and only see $ signs, then your in the "hobby" for all the wrong reasons, like most are nowadays.

Give them to a kid who enjoys playing little league or tee-ball, ....a young baseball lover usually like all cards.

Ive been collecting/dealing for over 30 years daily, I have never owned more than 10,000 cards ever at one time... I only buy or trade for what I like...Old Baseball (Topps is not old), and some 19th Century WildWest/Indian cards
...thats why I have never owned a football card, basketball card, or new card (post 1970s), I dont like them so dont buy them.

PS this is probably the 100th time I heard this same story.... very common post/subject on all new card message boards

You've hit the nail on the head. Having all of these things laying around makes no sense. Frankly, purchasing them made no sense, they were mostly ill-advised "impulse-buys", which is what I said in my OP. I'm trying to re-focus my collection and not buy a bunch of stuff I don't want to collect....

I don't expect to make ANY money off of them...hence my willingness to give most of them away!

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
In one of my jobs, i work with a few single mothers that have children in the 6-14 age range. Usually once every 3 months or so i will buy a few of the 400 card count boxes and then i will package up all the cards i dont want or need from the boxes ive broken the months prior. A few of the kids ive met and talked to a few times so i know what sports and teams are their favorites, so i try and give them as many cards of that team or sport as i can.

Latest posts