Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best current baseball player?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
This has probably been done before but whatever.

Mulling this over today and curious to see what you guys think who the top of ladder is as far as career and talent is concerned. I figure I'd pick a pitcher and hitter separately.

Anyhow, my vote goes to:

Best hitter/position player imo: Alex Rodriguez

Best pitcher: Roy Halladay

I guess for pitchers you could make a case for Lincecum as well and I like him, but it seems that Roy can finish out games with ease. Which is refreshing because of all of the lame-ass pitch counts these days.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I guess maybe in my choices I took into account defense as well. While I do feel Albert takes the edge as a hitter, ARod gets the nod due to his position over Pujols.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Hitter: Pujols
Pitcher: Halladay
Total package:........I really have to think about that. Pujols can hit, but I always liked OFs like Matt Holliday or Josh Hamilton. Someone who could make a long run and spectacular catch in the field, get up, peg the ball in and nail a runner for an inning-ending double-play, then in the bottom of the inning they're first up and the smack a home run.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
shayscards79 said:
I guess maybe in my choices I took into account defense as well. While I do feel Albert takes the edge as a hitter, ARod gets the nod due to his position over Pujols.

Pujols is a much better defender than Arod is...

I'd say

Pujols
Felix Hernandez

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
You really have to define what you mean by this...

If this is one of those, "You are a GM and you get the first pick to build a franchise for this year and only this year," I think i'm probably going Hanley Ramirez and Roy Halladay.

Honestly, shortstop has become *SO* awful that it's tough not to go with Hanley or Tulo. If this is a "Who is the best at what they do" then the answer is and always will be Pujols.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
frzg said:
shayscards79 said:

I'd say

Pujols
Felix Hernandez

I don't know, if they switched positions, who you think would be more successful?

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
shayscards79 said:
frzg said:
shayscards79 said:

I'd say

Pujols
Felix Hernandez

I don't know, if they switched positions, who you think would be more successful?

Um, that might be some of the worst logic I've ever seen lol.

Thats like saying Ivan Rodriguez wasn't as good of a defender as Manny Ramirez because Manny would handle the outfield better than Ivan.

The quality of a defender isnt based on how he can perform at all 9 positions, its the position he plays.

Hitter - no debate
NewStuff008.jpg

Pitcher - Roy or this guy, ill go with felix cause hes younger

0acc9df9.jpg

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Pujols, he's played shortstop before and 3rd and left so he can play pretty much anywhere. 1st is not that hard of a position but Albert may be the greatest player I will ever see play the game.

Members online