Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mets lose $100 million over last two years

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
The weblink below states how the Mets have lost $100 million over the last two years.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_...top-100m-over-two-seasons?xid=cnnbin&hpt=Sbin

My first suggestion is to get rid of those ugly large padded seats behind home plate. I can't stand to watch a game at Citi Field when I happen to catch it while channel surfing. NO ONE is ever sitting in those seats! I suspect they could slash the prices in half and people still couldn't afford to sit in those seats. I shed no tears when I hear stories of the Wilpons being cheated by Madoff.

I wanted to attach a picture of these seats to this post but I ran into an article that is better than one simple picture. The article is two years old but I think it still pertains what I posted above.

http://www.metstoday.com/3139/citi-field/behind-home-plate/

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
Their books SHOW a loss of $100K...

Right you are. I should have thought of that myself.

Even though their books may be fudged a bit, I'm sure the Mets are taking a healthy loss. All those bad contracts and empty seats...

The Mets are accused of making "tens of millions" in the Madoff scam.
What better way to write it off than with a 100 million loss?? :shock:
It's all a "paper" loss. Im sure everyone on these boards finds alot of "losses" at tax time. ;)

I know they lost my money the last 2 years. The only games I went to were the ones I got
tickets for free. A friend of mine has premium season tickets and they cut his prices this year by over $20,000
just to keep some of the big guys from leaving...

Put a quality team on the field, make it a "fan friendly" environment, and like the movie says....
"they will come"!

Lets Go Mets! :grouphug:

JAMmedia

Feb 15, 2010
I'd settle for a time machine to keep Shea. Or tear down Citi Field and rebuild Shea, with the same piss odor in the corridors it had throughout my childhood.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
JAMmedia said:
I'd settle for a time machine to keep Shea. Or tear down Citi Field and rebuild Shea, with the same piss odor in the corridors it had throughout my childhood.

:D Old Tiger Stadium had that same piss odor.

True story from my old partner...
Rangers vs Islanders game at the Garden.
Everyone knows what the mens rooms look like in these old arenas. One door in at one end. One door out at the other.
Line of 100+ guys waiting between periods to use them. Needless to say the sinks become urinals... Some poor drunk Islander
fan passes out on the floor in the little hallway leading to the urinals. Drunk Rangers fans decide to start pissing on him as he
lays there passed out. My partner said 3-4 guys if front of him did it and the others kicked at his feet and begged him to get up (no one wanted to touch him as he was drenched in piss).

Now I know why all the mensrooms smell the same.... ::facepalm::

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
JAMmedia said:

Some of my best childhood memories (late 60's) include Shea Stadium. Minus the smell, of course. ;)

Members online

Latest posts