Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

3rd yr keeper league needs 3 managers for draft Saturday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

disengager

Aug 7, 2008
Seattle
Hey guys,

Bound for October is entering it's 3rd year as a yahoo sports fantasy baseball keeper league. This year we've cleaned up the league a bit and removed some inactive managers and have at least 3 spots available with the possibility of a fourth which is currently on reserve. If you're interested in joining our league, it will be on first come, first serve basis. Draft is SATURDAY APRIL 2ND @ 4PM. . You will randomly be assigned one of the available teams that have already had keepers chosen for them.

Rules:
- Teams can keep 10 players. 2nd and 3rd place teams can keep 11. Champion can keep 12.
- Draft order is by final standing (i.e. champion is last, last place is first)
- 12 team league, 6 teams make the playoffs
- Very laid back, casual league but it is very deep for people WHO love stashing rookies & prospects away.

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, RP, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Errors (E), Batting Average (AVG), On-base Percentage (OBP), Net Stolen Bases (NSB)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Losses (L), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Strikeouts per Walk Ratio (K/BB), Net Saves (NSV)

Teams currently available (one will be assigned to you at random. No picking of teams)

TEAM 1 (a top finishing team from last year which is why they have 11 picks)
1. Cliff Lee
2. Shaun Marcum
3. Jonathan Papelbon
4. Brett Anderson
5. Ricky Romero
6. Chase Utley
7. David Wright
8. Shin Soo Choo
9. Adrian Beltre
10.Adam Dunn
11.Carlos Gonzalez

TEAM 2
1.John Danks
2.Neftali Feliz
3.Justin Verlander
4. Mat Latos
5. Chris Carpenter
6. Andre Ethier
7. Ian Kinsler
8. Mark Teixeira
9. Troy Tulowitzki
10. Matt Wieters

TEAM 3
1. Jason Bartlett
2. Jose Bautista
3. David Ortiz
4. Hunter Pence
5. Austin Jackson
6. Clay Buchholz
7. Mark Buerhle
8. Carl Pavano
9. Yovani Gallardo
10.Francisco Cordero

TEAM 4
1. Jason Bay
2. Prince Fielder
3. Curtis Granderson
4. Jose Reyes
5. Pablo Sandoval
6. Alex Rios
7. Chad Billingsley
8. Zack Greinke
9. Andrew Bailey
10.Bronson Arroyo

Let me know if you would like a spot and if you are an experienced fantasy baseball player. thanks.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I am interested, but will not be able to make the draft. have no problem preranking palyers. If slected when would I know what team I am assigned so i could prepare? Is it daily moves?

disengager

Aug 7, 2008
Seattle
Yes, daily moves. Being at the draft is somewhat important as rosters won't be prepared until Thursday or Friday, not leaving much time for preranking. If you still want a spot let me know. I will randomize the order as soon as 3 managers are aboard.

bballstar029

Aug 10, 2008
I'll take one of the teams. Is there any kind of entrance fee? Due to the time consuming nature of fantasy sports, usually only play if there's a little more than bragging rights on the line. Shoot me an invite anyhow to [email protected]

Jeff

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
I don't understand why the league is designed to protect the top three finishers? I never heard of that before. Most leagues try to acheive balance and competitiveness.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Sounds like fun. Always wanted to try a keeper league. Draft time shouldnt be an issue. Ive been doing fantasy for a good 10 years.

Like last guy asked... Enterance fee?

Sign me Up.

disengager

Aug 7, 2008
Seattle
TwinGnats said:
I don't understand why the league is designed to protect the top three finishers? I never heard of that before. Most leagues try to acheive balance and competitiveness.

It's not designed to protect the top 3. Keeping 2 extra players is not necessarily an advantage, as the roster spots are compensated for the at the start of the draft. So the league champ doesn't begin drafting until the 3rd round. It was done so that there was a reward for finishing in the top 3. We haven't seen a really big competitive balance issue in this league, it's just the standard fantasy sports stuff. The teams that get forgotten about halfway through the season do the worst and the most active players are the ones in the playoffs.

pms sent to bballstar02 & P_Manning 18

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
interesting take. thanks for explaining.

disengager said:
TwinGnats said:

It's not designed to protect the top 3. Keeping 2 extra players is not necessarily an advantage, as the roster spots are compensated for the at the start of the draft. So the league champ doesn't begin drafting until the 3rd round. It was done so that there was a reward for finishing in the top 3. We haven't seen a really big competitive balance issue in this league, it's just the standard fantasy sports stuff. The teams that get forgotten about halfway through the season do the worst and the most active players are the ones in the playoffs.

pms sent to bballstar02 & P_Manning 18

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
If this league still needs someone... I wanted to update the original thread.

The Draft is at 7 PM Eastern.... its 4 PM Pacific.

Members online

Latest posts