Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bo knows great '80s sales

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
[ebay:3oahrwfe]180642950649[/ebay:3oahrwfe]

Jesus. Is there any other non-oddball Major League card besides the 1982 Topps Traded Ripken Jr. and 1980 Topps Henderson that can get this much for a PSA 9?

Imagine what a PSA 10 would get?

P.S. Also, an 8.5 Bo just sold for $70 a week ago.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
sportscardtheory said:
[ebay:kt66ly73]180642950649[/ebay:kt66ly73]

Jesus. Is there any other non-oddball Major League card besides the 1982 Topps Traded Ripken Jr. and 1980 Topps Henderson that can get this much for a PSA 9?

Just the Clemens and Puckett 84FUs

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
ThoseBackPages said:
sportscardtheory said:
[ebay:j0eyw4hb]180642950649[/ebay:j0eyw4hb]

I don't think those get $125+ anymore. I know the Puckett doesn't because I track them for my PSA set. The Puckett is usually around $90-$110. Not sure about Clemens.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
sportscardtheory said:
ThoseBackPages said:
sportscardtheory said:
[ebay:frpupalq]180642950649[/ebay:frpupalq]

I don't think those get $125+ anymore. I know the Puckett doesn't because I track them for my PSA set. The Puckett is usually around $90-$110. Not sure about Clemens.

$110 is close to $121 lol

Clemens o/c 9's have been in the 125 area as of late

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
ThoseBackPages said:
sportscardtheory said:
ThoseBackPages said:
sportscardtheory said:
[ebay:3tfd121a]180642950649[/ebay:3tfd121a]

$110 is close to $121 lol

Clemens o/c 9's have been in the 125 area as of late

I would sell Pucketts to you for $120+ all day long seeing that you can get them for around $90 regularly. lol

Both the winner and the runner up for that card are nuts! Wonder what the population of the PSA 9's and PSA 10s are for this card?

Sweetness, who are you on E-Bay? When did you start collecting Bo? I've been collecting Bo for about 10 years now and know most of the old faithful Bo collectors on E-Bay. We used to communicate regularly with each other back when you could still see usernames on E-Bay and it was easier to spot Shill bidding by sellers (there were less than 10 of us, now even fewer). Then, E-Bay made it easier on the Shill-bidding sellers and said it was to preserve bidder's "privacy"... Bull hocky! They were just tired of us reporting the rampid shill bidding by power sellers. Anyway, I digress. Shoot me a PM if you don't mind divulging your id. to me.

PS. I have more Bo "spares" that ANYONE. If there's something you're looking for, just shoot me a PM and let me know your ballpark price. As long as it's reasonable, I can probably help you in most case for the older stuff (3 years or more).

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
bojacksoncollector said:
Both the winner and the runner up for that card are nuts! Wonder what the population of the PSA 9's and PSA 10s are for this card?

Sweetness, who are you on E-Bay? When did you start collecting Bo? I've been collecting Bo for about 10 years now and know most of the old faithful Bo collectors on E-Bay. We used to communicate regularly with each other back when you could still see usernames on E-Bay and it was easier to spot Shill bidding by sellers (there were less than 10 of us, now even fewer). Then, E-Bay made it easier on the Shill-bidding sellers and said it was to preserve bidder's "privacy"... Bull hocky! They were just tired of us reporting the rampid shill bidding by power sellers. Anyway, I digress. Shoot me a PM if you don't mind divulging your id. to me.

PS. I have more Bo "spares" that ANYONE. If there's something you're looking for, just shoot me a PM and let me know your ballpark price. As long as it's reasonable, I can probably help you in most case for the older stuff (3 years or more).

Sorry, I don't want to be rude but I don't give out my ebay id. To many wierdos on here that like to play around with ebay to settle arguements. All the stuff I pick up is his graded rookie stuff, I appreciate the offer though.
I had no clue that classic 9 would go that high. I figured the 8.5 that just sold for 70ish was a knee jerk reaction b/c of so few being auctioned but 120+ for that 9 is pretty sick. The nice thing about that selling for so much is that it may encourage a few more to be listed.

This is in my top 3 favorite cards ever:
BotiffPSA9.jpg

This should be considered manditory for all Bo Collectors.

That's cool. So, you only collect graded Bo rookie cards (86/87)? Only Baseball, or football also? Only PSA, or do you collect BGS also? I have lots of BGS cards of Bo, and several PSA 10s. At one time, I was #1 on Beckett, then the Beckett site went to Beta Hell and I quit trying to buy every one I saw. It just didn't matter so much after that.

How long have you been on E-Bay?

I hope this isn't too many questions for you.

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
It is sad that I remember having this set as a kid and playing with it... Needless to say the cards were no where near mint when I was done with them. I believe I still have the Ripken somewhere but it is in rough shape.

Latest posts