Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2 words for cam newton investors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
jamarcus russell.

I saw his sage hit auto /25 on ebay got 250.00.
got me thinking of how many people got slaughtered with russell.
trust me, newton will be the same piece of crap, so save your money.
bust and out within 2 years.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Nolan Nawrocki from Pro Football Weekly agrees with you. In his draft guide these are his negatives for Newton.

Under "negatives" for Newton, Nawrocki writes, "Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room . . . Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable."

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
I'm far from being sold on Newton, but I just don't think he'll be JaMarcus bad. That being said, if you dump $250 on a Sage auto of anybody, you should have your wallet sewn shut.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Slette said:
I'm far from being sold on Newton, but I just don't think he'll be JaMarcus bad. That being said, if you dump $250 on a Sage auto of anybody, you should have your wallet sewn shut.
Agreed. Not only is Sage something you should avoid because it will plummet in value when the NFL products and UD's college licensed stuff release, but it's also the more inferior pre-draft product as far as secondary market goes if you compare it to Press Pass or what I think Leaf will do.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
I thought the 2 words were going to be "buffalo bills." As a bills fan I pray the bills don't draft him and I'm sure Newton investors feel the same way.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
Nolan Nawrocki from Pro Football Weekly agrees with you. In his draft guide these are his negatives for Newton.

Under "negatives" for Newton, Nawrocki writes, "Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room . . . Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable."

Kinda sounds like A-Rod. So it works both ways.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
P_Manning 18 said:
kdailey4315 said:

Comparing Newton to a baseball player let alone Arod is not even close

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
ljw29 said:
I was thinking taller Pat White

I think he has Jason Campbell written all over him. They even went to the same school

I think that's a bit of a reach to describe Campbell that way. He has had the misfortune of playing for a new OC pretty much every year since high school.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
kdailey4315 said:

It's funny, that description fits with way more pro athletes than you would think, and probably a large percentage of guys coming out in the draft. It's whether or not the guy can grow up and move past that mentality that separates them.

bigeric

Aug 7, 2008
ljw29 said:
I was thinking taller Pat White
no way, he can throw the football which white could not, i would compare him more to Vince Young then Jamarcus Russell

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
wheeler281 said:
P_Manning 18 said:
kdailey4315 said:

Comparing Newton to a baseball player let alone Arod is not even close

Did u even read the blue part that I highlighted? Fake smile.. scripted... me-first makeup... sounds like A-Rod.... but he did the work to succeed.... thats all I was talking about.

tehchamp

Feb 14, 2011
Cam Newton has the talent IMO to be a Pro Bowl QB who will make it tough for any defense to stop him.
However, several QB's have had that talent and other factors ruined their careers. There has to be a WANT to be the best and to win, and I don't know if it exists with him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts