Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Opening Day - Fools Gold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
Every year someone (relatively unknown or overlooked player) hits 4 or 5 home runs the first week of the season or maybe 2 or 3 on opening day then is lucky to finish the season with double-digit home runs. However, that doesn't stop the hype...the fantasy rush or a quick run up in rookie card prices followed by an even quicker crash in prices.

So, who is your dark horse that will enjoy their 10 minutes of fame as baseball season starts today?

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Chris Shelton - [phil:5rwl4slm]250796850612[/phil:5rwl4slm] :)

I'm not sure it totally qualifies because he might be more than fools gold but Jake Fox does seem like a candidate.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
muchuckwagon said:
Every year someone (relatively unknown or overlooked player) hits 4 or 5 home runs the first week of the season or maybe 2 or 3 on opening day then is lucky to finish the season with double-digit home runs. However, that doesn't stop the hype...the fantasy rush or a quick run up in rookie card prices followed by an even quicker crash in prices.

So, who is your dark horse that will enjoy their 10 minutes of fame as baseball season starts today?

The greatest was that speedy guy on the Marlins who hit like .550 the first two weeks. I had one of his #d rcs and sold it for $50 or so. He sucked soon afterwards. It was beautiful.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
braden said:
muchuckwagon said:

The greatest was that speedy guy on the Marlins who hit like .550 the first two weeks. I had one of his #d rcs and sold it for $50 or so. He sucked soon afterwards. It was beautiful.

Ahh, Emilio Bonifacio.

I just wanted to say his name. It's more fun in person.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I'll go with this guy
Felix Pie Since he has hit under double-digits the last 4 years, but Jake Fox can be a good one for this as well.

Latest posts