Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fedor wins by knockout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Great event!!

I'm not sure which KO was more brutal, Lindland or AA. Both were OUT!

Fedor is simply the best on the planet.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Ty Hope said:
Great event!!

I'm not sure which KO was more brutal, Lindland or AA. Both were OUT!

Fedor is simply the best on the planet.

It was almost like Fedor was playing a little opossum in a way. So that he was able to measure and figure out AA, and then take advantage of a mistake. It seemed like he was baited into the KO.

Both KOs were brutal, but the Lindland one was clearly more damaging. His leg was vibrating uncontrollably when he was out. Then again, it was a few shots compared to one huge one by Fedor.

Affliction is putting on some good fights. UFC better take them seriously or they might loose their hold on MMA. I might be wrong, but from watching their attitudes on TV, it seems the fighters are happier with Affliction in general.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Fedor's biggest strength has always been and always will be his ability to adapt to different situations. I agree that he was waiting for AA to make a mistake. What the hell AA was thinking with that flying knee, I will never know...lol

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Watching Fedor fight is like watching Picasso paint. You better catch his act while you can because there won't be many that can compare to him.

Honest, they're going to have to put Fedor in the ring against a grizzly bear in order for an opponent to have a chance. Nobody is in the same universe as the guy.

mikekarlovec

Aug 7, 2008
Hobbs, NM
one thing is for sure is Affliction needs to get Tito back in the ring because he was awful as an anouncer. he could have at least pronounced the main events name corectly. i am a fan of tito's but man that was brutal to listen to.

G

I was nervous as all get out before that fight started, and throughout the entire thing. It's the first time I have been able to see Fedor fight live. Arlovski got in a few good shots on Fedor, and appeared to be looking really good. But if you have seen Fedors fights in the past you know that is just how Fedor fights. He will let his opponent do that, he'll sit back, size them up, and then pounce when the time is right. I thought AA looked pretty good last night, but like I said last night after the fight ended, I wouldn't really put too much stock into Arlovski 'looking good' though. Because that's how Fedor fights. He'll take some punishment to get the fight where he wants it, it's part of his fighting style, and that's what I seen last night. I watched the fight again last night and the second viewing AA didn't look as good as I thought he did last night. I don't know if it was my nerves and I was sitting on the edge of my seat or what, but he looked a lot better last night when it was live than he did on the replay that I watched.

But Fedor is king. And anyone who thinks he isn't the best MMA fighter in the world right now is a fool. He is a better PFP fighter than Anderson Silva and I believe that to be true 100%.

G

fedor-arlovski-1.gif
n66paw.jpg
Picture10-1.png
128773447924254179.jpg

2hzjprl.jpg
2irrqkx.jpg

G

FEDOR has beaten FIVE UFC Champions.

Nogueria, twice
Tim Sylvia,
Mark Coleman, twice
Kevin Randleman
Andrei Arlovski.

ckgljpf91far6.jpg

Aug 29, 2008
nborton said:
Affliction is putting on some good fights. UFC better take them seriously or they might loose their hold on MMA. I might be wrong, but from watching their attitudes on TV, it seems the fighters are happier with Affliction in general.

While I agree Affliction has done a great job of putting some solid cards together the way they are going I doubt the UFC has too much to be worried about. One of the reasons that the fighters might seem so happy is because they get paid a TON, which is what arguably could be their downfall. According to the numbers from their last event they paid something like 7 fighters more than $250K, and another 6 made more than $50K. Their total fighter purse was something like 3.3 million, and that doesnt include signing bonus's or payper view cuts that someone like Fedor obviously got, which is about 3 times more than the usual fighter salaries for a UFC event. I know they are backed by guys with very deep pockets but with payouts that high they have to be losing a ton each event they put out.

Also, while they do have a very deep HW lineup with Sylvia, AA, Fedor, Buentello, Barnett, 2 fights in a Fedor already doesnt have anyone to fight. He's said he wont fight Barnett and no one else really poses a threat. Also while Fedor is obviously the best fighter around he isn't very marketable and I'm not sure if he has what it takes to become a household name in America, or if he even wants to. Affliction also has to do serious work on the other divisions outside of the HWs.

While I appreciate what Affliction has done with bringing some serious competition to Fedor I'm not sure if they have the staying power to be able to compete with the UFC.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
So,

am I the only one that thinks Fedors caught Andrei with a lucky punch?

I dont know why in the hell AA would attempt a flying knee instead of continuing to box him into the corner where he had a really damn good chance to get a referee stoppage had Andrei kept using his hands.

In my eyes, Andrei showed that Fedors weakness is boxing, and had he not been stupid, he had a damn good chance of winning that fight.

Not to take anything away from Fedor, but he got Andrei with a lucky punch because of Andrei's ******* decision to hit him with a knee, and had that figbht gone on longer, I dont think Fedor would be champion.

Fedor, regardless if he would've won or lost, is still the #1 heavyweight in the world, and his defeat proves it. He is the man and no one can really stop him.

Fight after fight people give reasons why the next guy should beat him, but it never happens.

I would rather see a rematch of AA/Fedor than Barnett/Fedor, as I think there still remains somke doubt as to whether or not Fedor could've beaten him standing up.

Awesome PPV!

Loved the Barnett and Yvel fight, and it was sad seeing Lindland getting his ass handed to him by the "new phoenom of old" lol

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
TonyButlerStopSuckin said:
nborton said:

While I agree Affliction has done a great job of putting some solid cards together the way they are going I doubt the UFC has too much to be worried about. One of the reasons that the fighters might seem so happy is because they get paid a TON, which is what arguably could be their downfall. According to the numbers from their last event they paid something like 7 fighters more than $250K, and another 6 made more than $50K. Their total fighter purse was something like 3.3 million, and that doesnt include signing bonus's or payper view cuts that someone like Fedor obviously got, which is about 3 times more than the usual fighter salaries for a UFC event. I know they are backed by guys with very deep pockets but with payouts that high they have to be losing a ton each event they put out.

Also, while they do have a very deep HW lineup with Sylvia, AA, Fedor, Buentello, Barnett, 2 fights in a Fedor already doesnt have anyone to fight. He's said he wont fight Barnett and no one else really poses a threat. Also while Fedor is obviously the best fighter around he isn't very marketable and I'm not sure if he has what it takes to become a household name in America, or if he even wants to. Affliction also has to do serious work on the other divisions outside of the HWs.

While I appreciate what Affliction has done with bringing some serious competition to Fedor I'm not sure if they have the staying power to be able to compete with the UFC.

The thing is, if they can keep it going (they have some backers with deep pockets) they could eventually suck in most of the good fighters. Just like in all sports money talks, and if they are willing to pay up the fighters will switch. If somehow they can get Couture it will make a huge statement. Even though he is toward the end of his career, it's more of a statement name than anything, and will help bring in fans. It's just as much about name recognition as talent in MMA as far as drawing the fans. It's the same reason De La Hoya fights still draw tons of PPV even though he is at the end of his career.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
HPC said:
So,

I dont know why in the hell AA would attempt a flying knee instead of continuing to box him into the corner where he had a really damn good chance to get a referee stoppage had Andrei kept using his hands.

In my eyes, Andrei showed that Fedors weakness is boxing, and had he not been stupid, he had a damn good chance of winning that fight.

Not to take anything away from Fedor, but he got Andrei with a lucky punch because of Andrei's ******* decision to hit him with a knee, and had that figbht gone on longer, I dont think Fedor would be champion.

Fedor, regardless if he would've won or lost, is still the #1 heavyweight in the world, and his defeat proves it. He is the man and no one can really stop him.

Fight after fight people give reasons why the next guy should beat him, but it never happens.

I would rather see a rematch of AA/Fedor than Barnett/Fedor, as I think there still remains somke doubt as to whether or not Fedor could've beaten him standing up.

Awesome PPV!

Loved the Barnett and Yvel fight, and it was sad seeing Lindland getting his ass handed to him by the "new phoenom of old" lol

I have to disagree,A.A landed some nice punches,but lets be real.None of those punches had Fedor in trouble at anytime.Fedor was never in trouble of being knocked out.Fedor was setting him up and even without the flying knee,Fedor was in my opinion about 10-15 seconds from ending that fight,because he wanted A.A. in the corner to set him up.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
HPC said:
So,

Awesome PPV!

In the post fight conference, Fedor said something like he threw that punch as a reflex reaction to when he saw AA jump in. It wasn't lucky at all. It was AA making a big mistake, and Fedor taking advantage.

Aug 29, 2008
nborton said:
The thing is, if they can keep it going (they have some backers with deep pockets) they could eventually suck in most of the good fighters. Just like in all sports money talks, and if they are willing to pay up the fighters will switch. If somehow they can get Couture it will make a huge statement. Even though he is toward the end of his career, it's more of a statement name than anything, and will help bring in fans. It's just as much about name recognition as talent in MMA as far as drawing the fans. It's the same reason De La Hoya fights still draw tons of PPV even though he is at the end of his career.

While they do have deep pockets there is only so long a business can go before they decide that losing tons of money just isn't worth it. Bringing in more top fighters would just increase their costs that much more. I don't know if their figures are anything like Elite XC's were but Elite had much smaller fighter payouts I believe and were something like $50 million in the hole after only a couple of shows. Regardless of how much money they have backing them, figures like that are hard to stomach.

I'll admit it, I would be happier if Affliction failed. While they seem to do well by their fighters I don't like the idea of having multiple organizations "diluting" the talent pool. Its greedy to say that I want all the top fighters in the world to all be in one organization and I realize that it won't ever happen but that's what I want.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Multiple organizations diluting the talent pool??

Strongly disagree. More organizations and more competition is much better than a monopoly. The days when Pride and the UFC were both around were much more exciting IMO.

Aug 29, 2008
Ty Hope said:
Multiple organizations diluting the talent pool??

Strongly disagree. More organizations and more competition is much better than a monopoly. The days when Pride and the UFC were both around were much more exciting IMO.

For fighters I agree but as a fan who just wants to see the best fight each other I dont see how a monopoly can be bad. I'd love to see how the LWs in the UFC stack up with guys like Alvarez, Akoi, Kid, Gomi but it will probably never happen. I would have loved to see a in their prime Liddell vs. Silva but we had to wait until they were both on the downside of their careers before they both got into the same org.

I agree, I loved it when there was essentially just Pride and the UFC with Pride essentially controlling the overseas market and the UFC dealing with North America. My fear is that MMA will eventually turn into boxing where for each weight class are like 5 different organizations, all with their own belt and none of the "champs" will fight each other and we are just left to wonder who is better instead of actually finding out.

Members online

Latest posts